Register now to get rid of these ads!

Time to say Hi!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Dog427435, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Dog427435

Dog427435

I'm a long time lurker here - I've spent many a late evening reading threads from beginning to end. Got to check out a bunch of members cars at the Vargo reunion a couple of Saturdays ago. Some great stuff!!
    I bought my first car in the early sixties and have been building them to my tastes since. I'm a hot rodder,no restorer! I've a couple big block cars now I've owned for over 20 years. I grew up in the best time for a car crazy guy, the sixties! - I've owned everything from a Merc powered Willy's to big block Chevy's that would be worth a fortune today. (Had I not beaten them to death and moved on) '55 Chevy's were always my favorite,
    I've owned dozens as they were throw away cars back then. As my youngest graduates this year its time to build another - late sixties style.
    Logged many a mile on the NY streets back then, from Cross Bay to Connecting Hwy and Sunrise to Hempstead Tpke. Back in the day street racing was a 7 day a week event.
    If you didn't have a stick - you weren't shit!
    If I can contribute to this site you'll hear from me - If not I'll still be reading away.
    Thanks
    Glenn

2. Dog427435

Dog427435

This is the '55 that relit my fire at Vargo last week.
    As a kid running '55's were $25/50 maybe $100. I bought one this color combination from the
    little old lady original owner for $300. It was perfect - I had it home with the front bumper off,
    new springs and a big block in it in a couple of weeks!

Heaven!!

[​IMG]

-
    [​IMG]
    -

3. oldsman71

oldsman71

welcome to the hamb!!!!!!!!!!

4. HotRod33

HotRod33

Welcome to the hamb....sounds to me like your going to be getting another 55.....Cool.............

5. Welcome to the HAMB Dog.
    I go insane over the pictures you've posted.
    keep 'em coming!
    Thanks.