Register now to get rid of these ads!

Time to play another round of "name that tool!"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Saxman, Sep 20, 2013.

1. I would never doubt Kiwi Kev, I just couldn't figure out how they worked without seeing the punch itself.:D

Thanks guys. Several of you were right. I just had to look up a Roper Whitney #20 punch to put all the pieces together in my head.

I guess I'll just use them as transfer punches since I don't have the punch.

THANKS AGAIN, GENTS!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  2. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Kiwi Kev is right I have similar punches that fit a Hunton bolster in a flypress. It would be a shame for them not to be put to good use. You could probably sell them on eBay for a lot more than the price of a set of transfer punches.

David

3. This Man is correct, have had an Iron worker where I worked for years !! You don't want to believe him, your mistake. :rolleyes:

4. Wolf creek is correct. They are for an iron worker. I have racks of them. The die is upside down. The shanks come in many styles. I believe those fit a Scotsman machine.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. Thanks again, guys. This is a decades old mystery that has been solved for me. I know these things had some kind of special use but I never knew what it was. Not that it matters all that much, but are they worth anything?

6. Lukydevl

Lukydevl
    from Arizona

They're not worth anything... how many ,and what sizes do you have?? I can throw them away for you.. hahaha I have a Roper whitney # 20 .. just sayin

7. They won't fit a #20. I buy them new for 30-40 dollars a set. Bigger ones get more expensive.

8. I have got them in various sizes as well. I have got 2 punching machines which are for the home hobby person. Here are some pics.

The big machine I can punch up to 25mm in 10mm plate. The small machine I can punch up to 10mm in 6mm plate. Both are very handy when doing multiple amounts of holes and the punches and dies last a lot longer than conventional drill bits.

Mtw fdu.

Attached Files: