Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Time to make the 51 mine sorta build thread....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by koolkemp, May 26, 2011.

1. koolkemp

koolkemp

He tried a different take on dealing with them on a H/T conversion...it just didnt work out that well....

2. buckd

buckd

Nice job. great improvement and the chop proportions look great.

3. Zed

Zed
    from FRANCE

Wow ! :eek: who could have told pillars and rain gutter would look better that hardtop and shaved gutter !?!?:confused: And for sure it does ! Great improvement ! :cool:

ps : is that me or the tailites windsplits are not very straight ?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  4. Nice change Steve,sometimes hard to do this to a car that a friend worked so hard on but when it turns out looking like this I'm sure he will understand too. Can't leave anything alone, can you,ha,ha? I guess maybe this was for the best that you didn't keep the old Dodger! I'll be watching this thread with anticipation buddy.Don't forget to make your way to Ontario for a visit some time.
    Chris.

5. 34toddster

34toddster
    from Missouri

Will you please send me the name of the GO pill you take, at 60 my go doesn't go like you go, you have a lot of Go man, looks good, I like the photoshop of the side trim, you going to do anything like that to it?

6. robleticia

robleticia

You did the car good! WOW, thats alot to tackle, what a great improvement!!

7. koolkemp

koolkemp

These days it Lyrica ,Tylenol#3 and extra strength Advil and Pepsi :eek: That keep me going ! Some days I can only get an hour or so done before I get too sore, but all those 1 hr sessions add up after a while ! I have most of the Packard trim my buddy couldnt find one of the pieces when I got the car...he did find it I am justwaiting for it in the mail, however some of it needs repair and a bit of welding, I may just temporarily mud the holes up for now so I can repair and polish the trim before I put it back on.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  8. koolkemp

koolkemp

Thanks Chris!Aaron told me I was a madman when I sent him the 1st few pics lol! I really like the look its taken on and am happy with it, I got it sealed and primed late last night but was too burnt out to add the pics here, I am gonna take tonight off and will add the pics. I only got a month till the Nationals and I got a few other thing to do to it as well so I got lots to keep me busy to say the least!

9. MUCH better. Really.

Now, a proper set of Firestone Bias ply and a touch lower = done.

10. koolkemp

koolkemp

A few pics from the last 2 weekends...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The front garnish moldings were not too bad but the rears were alot more had to use the fleetline bottom and front and piece together the modified originals...

11. koolkemp

koolkemp

Pass quarter window area pretty well finished up

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and started the mud work...

[​IMG]

12. koolkemp

koolkemp

In between the last few pics and these there was alot of boring mud work and sanding :D

Got some epoxy sealer on...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

then a few coats of sandable filler primer

[​IMG]

A few hours of sanding and blocking and its getting painted,already have too much time in this :rolleyes: I will have the white pearl on the roof this weekend...and hopefully a few other things done as well...I hope !!

13. Well it looks like you will have something to take to Moncton afterall Steve !!! Good job . Andy,,

14. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Thats some nice work there. Looks a whole lot better!

15. koolkemp

koolkemp

Well its been an intense week of sanding mudding priming bla bla bla, I am damn tired but at least there is some progress !:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finished the bodywork (cleaned up a few of the nasties on the body as well)
    and got it sealed and some primer on it by this morning ...

16. koolkemp

koolkemp

And I spent the rest of today painting the roof pearl white...didnt have quite enough paint so I had to go into the city and get some more white, ....any ways if it feels dry enough to mask off I will get the blue suede on the body tomorrow....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally feel like there is some light at the end of the tunnel :D:D

17. fitzee

fitzee

wow you have been busy. Lots of hours there. Can`t wait to see it up close.

18. koolkemp

koolkemp

Its not a show car dont look too close lol ;)

19. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

Great stuff!
    You've certainly been making it yours.
    Hope your back and the weather holds long enough.

20. koolkemp

koolkemp

Backs been pretty cooperative the last month ...for a change now if the damn weather would be as cooperative!

21. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

Good about the back.
    Tomorrow is supposed to cloud over early and then crappy Monday - Wednesday there so I guess you better get up early!

22. Very impressive. And tasteful. I like it a lot. You saved that car.

23. koolkemp

koolkemp

supposed to rain here...for several days starting tomorrow we had our 12 hrs of sunshine for the week!

24. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

Don't tell anyone that Yarmouth has had the best weather of the province lately.... shhh

Will you paint if it's raining out or will you wait for the humidity to drop?

25. koolkemp

koolkemp

If the white is cured enough it will get painted its just a suede finish anyways ...I blew in the bottom edges and tailpan and under the grille after I took the pics tonight, slightly darker than the blue that was on it , looks nice to me anyways !

Thanks Chili Phil!!

26. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

Cool.
    Good luck.
    We'll be waiting for an update!

27. Hey I finally made it over to check this thread out. Good job as usual. Can't wait to see it back it blue swade.

Doug.

Got some new 35 stuff so some spares will be available eventually. Like a hood.

28. I wanta see the BLUE!!! What are you using?

29. koolkemp

koolkemp

The dupli color lacquer stuff I didnt want to spend the money for the expensive shit cause it will get more custom work below the beltline after the 47 is on the road, should have some blue pics up by tonight!