Register now to get rid of these ads!

Time limit on pm?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by racer32, Nov 27, 2010.

1. racer32

racer32

Just curious, does the limit where we can't post more than one pm a minute ever go away? Like when our post count goes up, maybe? It's REALLY hard to respond to multiple pm's when you can only send out one a minute!

Thanks

2. Muttley

Muttley

Why would you need to send more than one PM per minute............how fast do type?!?

3. silent rick

silent rick

well for instance, when you have an item listed in the classifieds and you get a dozen responses and you want to inform the peolpe that others had responded before them but if those deals should happen to fall through that they would be next in line, or third or fourth.
    i can see why ryan imposed the waiting time to limit spam type pm's. it's like flying nowadays, it's the price we all have to pay because of keyboard terrorists.
    i said it before, i think there should be a five or ten minute wait between posts on the intro forum. some of these newbies can go down the line and get 5 or 6 welcomes in in a minute. fastest newb to a thousand posts wins.

4. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

It is to slow spammers down so we can catch them......

I just sent you guys a couple test PM's to see if I had the limit as I've never noticed it before. I don't have a limit but it could because of the user group I'm in.

5. silent rick

silent rick

i ran the same test with rashy. i don't have the 1 minute wait anymore. as rashy suggested, it might be because i'm an alliance member now, where before i wasn't and neither is racer32.

6. racer32

racer32

Did you notice it going away after you joined the alliance? I was wondering if it had to do with post count. I don't post much. If it's alliance related, I may have ANOTHER reason to save up my pennies.

Oh, and I never noticed the limit until I listed something on classifieds-you hit the nail on the head.

Thanks guys.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  7. Toner283

Toner283

I have tried to send two in a row more than once. Not only can I not send more than one a minute, once I send one, I cannot even start typing on a second one until after a minute. Minor annoyance, I just lurk on the main board for a minute (that usually turns into an hour :eek: ) and then send my next one.

8. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

What he said.

it's a minor annoyance at best.