Register now to get rid of these ads!

Time for a little change.. (opinions wanted)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fast Eddie, Nov 28, 2009.

1. bias plys would be cool. those front tires.... yuck

2. metalman

metalman

I'm not a big fan of T-buckets but I've always liked the style of Ivo's or the Kookie Kar. IMHO that's how a tradtional bucket should look. That said, I'd vote for wide whites, pie crust slicks on the back, skinnys on the front. Black rims, baby moons, no trim ring. Might be a budget thing I understand but I think it needs some shiny stuff, like chrome the front end, headers, ect.

3. chubbie

chubbie

looks like one of my marathon projects!!! problem: trends change faster then I can build a car... I'll never build another other than old school / trad rod. It's not a trend... its reality rod!!!

4. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

There was an thread on making a grille shell out of the ends of a gmc truck grille surround like this one a while back.........anyone know what the thread was called?
    [​IMG]

5. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

i hate foose wheels.they belong on high dollar someone else built for them cars.i think that with the look he has the carb has to go!!a nice set of old mag.tork thrusts and some b.ply tires would look great.if he doesnt have $2000.00 for wheels you can buy some jap crap rims like i put on my car and they look pretty good.i think you can buy them for $350.00 a set.i just bought the rears because i already had old mag.spindelmounts.

Attached Files:

6. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

I agree, needs a different grille, headers, and taillights. Lower the headlights.

7. poofus1929

poofus1929
    from So Cal

Tractor Grille = Rat Rod. I say change the grille and the pipes, Other than that I think it looks good.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  8. 296ardun

296ardun

Agree with this ... track nose would look great, with carb poking out of the hood...tail lights are too big for the shortened bed...what about 46-47 Chevy tails mounted vertically?

9. Thanks for all of the comments. So far i think ive been able to come up with some ideas.

I would love to switch to a 3 carb setup, but i dont have the money to toss at it. Perhaps changing out the scoop for a dropped air cleaner to hide things a bit.

Kirk, ill be getting ahold of you some time to check out that 32 grill. I think with that and some lake pipes, pointed downward it will clean up the front.

As for the back. I do like the tail lights but i see what you guys meen about them being big for the back. I do like the 46 chevy tail lights, but ill have to make room for them because of the gas tank. But that leads to me thinking of getting a spun tank for the back, not as deep. Mount it a little higher and have the deck come up to it.

I think wheels and tires are going to stay for a while, but trim rings might help that out some.

I appreciate the comments, its been really helpful. If you guys have more, let me hear them.

10. Just my opinion, but Ivo's is one of the best looking T's ever built
    I'd lean that direction

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Found couple more photos of Ivo's car taken on the same day

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Pros;
    Color
    Interior

Cons;
    Wheels
    Headers
    Toolbox
    Taillights
    Tractor Grill
    Valve Covers
    Air Cleaner

Suggestions;
    '32 Grill(cut down) or T Grill painted body color
    Lakepipe Headers
    '39 Ford or '50 Pontiac Taillights
    Big-n-Littles Firestone WWW's
    Chrome Steelies( goes better with the color)
    Finned Valve Covers
    Chrome,Dog-dish or Bat-wing Air Cleaner

13. Ruiner

Ruiner

What's wrong with just running cast manifolds and dual exhaust? Everyone's doing lakes headers, and while they do look great, I don't see your car as something that would ever run at the salt flats stylewise...If money is tight, find a T grille shell, do the dual exhaust, chrome trim rings, lug nuts and center caps, swap out the air cleaner and call it good...

14. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Eddie...ya know we're friends, but........The taillights gotta go. '50 Pontiac, '39 Ford or Model A. The radiator needs a grilleshell. A Deuce chopped down would be perfect. If ya need help with a Speedway makin' it fit, lemme know. The headers.....jetboats are cool. they're even better when the engines are pulled and put in hot rods. A full exhaust would kill this car. Lakes with maybe an under car straight pipe system? Of course it'll have turnouts for 'open header bad assness. Rollbar? Lemme know. I'll help ya out and I know Kirk is game for some fittin' anf weldin'.
    Anyways, Eddie's car really kicks ass. I hate to see him change it so much that it loses it's identity. Simple changes=big impact.
    Eddie....call me. We'll get it hooked up.

15. Well... Ive been slacking. Didn't accomplish anything this winter. Kinda a bummer winter. But, looks like im getting in the mood again. Working on paying off some bills and am going to start small with the changes. Warming up here and gotta get things moving. Starting to get me in the mood again. Thanks for all the comments. I know this is an older thread but if anyone else wants to chime in to anything that would be cool.

Just a few other pictures. People might have seen it all over the old 2007 billetproof dvd
    [​IMG][​IMG]