Register now to get rid of these ads!

Time allowed for payment

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by prewarcars4me, May 30, 2013.

1. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I sent payment for a pair of windshield stanchions to Fresno, (60 miles away) and never got an answer, response, nuthin! I called, the number was disconnected...

So, I wrote a registered letter, requesting windshield posts OR $$ back. No answer...but he did sign for the registered letter. (same business addy as the one I sent the letter to)
    I then went to the phone directory, found the guy's wife's name, different address.
    Called her, she gave me a story, natch'. But she also gave me his cell phone number.

I got hold of the guy, he was just..."Well, I didn't think ya needed 'em yesterday..."
    Then I told him who I was sending over. On motorcycles. Harley Davidsons.

I had the stanchions 2 days later. What a hassle! (my bad Harley nephew was resentful the guy sent the posts...he wanted to 'round up the boys and take a ride'!)

2. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

Its sad, this is where we as a civilized society have gone...

When I want something, I move on it, and keep the seller posted.....

I know as a seller, it seems a lot of people ask 50 questions to see if the part is right or can they catch you in a mistake..... Then no further correspondence.... Its just sad..

5 days is plenty unless the buyer has you abreast of the situation. Payment time agreed needs to be made at the handshake