Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thunder Road

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CLSSY56, Feb 4, 2005.

1. PackardV8

PackardV8

What goes around comes around. I grew up watching Thunder Road on drive-ins in Alabama. Fast forward sixty years later and I introduced my grandson to the movie and the song. For reasons unknown or proof that genetic disposition can be inherited, he's gotten way into it.

The family came to visit and I know a guy who knows a guy who owns a '50 Ford coupe. We're going for a ride today.

jack vines

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
    lothiandon1940 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. ........................Very cool.

3. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Long before VHS,DVD, Netflix etc. I played sick from work to see Thunder Road on daytime TV. Now days I still watch it two or three times a year. My favorite movie of all time!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. boo

boo
    from stuart,fl.

saw it on tv the other night and they had CUT out some of it to match tv time. be shure to buy an original copy.

5. .............Got one.

6. Crayons

Crayons

Uhhhh.....believe first FE was 58. The largest displacement for 5 7 was 312 cu in.

7. I stand corrected. I rewatched the movie last night and the statement I made earlier about Lucas Dulan (sp?) crashing a four door into the power sub-station is incorrect. It was indeed the same two door that was used earlier. Still a great flick though. First time I've watched it in it's entirety in years!

8. sport fury

sport fury

I have a coworker that Robert Mitchum is his great uncle. but he has never seen thunder road