Register now to get rid of these ads!

Through a Metalflake Wormhole

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jcmarz, May 10, 2013.

1. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

HI Guys,
    I used to enjoy reading "Through a Metalflake Wormhole" in CKD and I recently bought the new issue which got me wondering about Jerry Weenser. I know he had suffered a stroke and stopped writing his column but I was wondering if any of you guys know how is he doing? I really enjoyed his stories and miss reading his column.
    Peace:)

2. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

His son Kieth weesner is on here aka Weez, maybe he can update us.

3. weez

weez

He's doing great, however writing is not his strong suit after the stroke he had in '09 and the resulting aphasia, (difficulty finding or recognizing the word you're searching for) His speech returned pretty fully within the first year, but reading and writing are still very difficult. He continues to slowly improve and hopefully he'll keep improving. Hopefully he'll be able to write again, as many people I've talked to have greatly enjoyed his writing over the years.

I have several friends who have recovered from strokes and all of them have different stories and rates of recovery, as well as certain effects that have stayed with some, but not others. It's impossible to tell, so he just has to keep at! He also has some other physical issues that keep him from being very mobile, so that's been hard too-

4. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

I used to like reading those. Hope he keeps doing better.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Just got back to this post and I thank you Weez for your response. I am glad that he is doing great and I pray for his continued improvement. I would buy CKD all the time just to read his storys and now it's rare that I buy a new issue of CKD. Tell him "Thank You" for all the wonderful stories.

6. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Your pop's writing was always entertaining.

7. John B

John B

Late to the thread but what the heck.

I always liked his writing, but more then that I enjoyed the conversations I had with him when I was a KOA Director. I recall well, one late night group talk in the Travel Lodge parking lot in Pigeon Forge as he told a few of us (including Bill Hines and Teddy Z) a story about Winfield scoring a number from an exotic dancer type chick in the airport when they arrived in Tennessee.

8. stevechaos13

stevechaos13

Well that sucks! Hope that he get's back to it. I still go back and re-read the articles he penned, but I haven't bought a magazine in quite some time so I hadn't even noticed the absence.

9. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very sorry to hear of your dads health issues,good he's still kicking though. I too always enjoyed his writing,coming from his viewpoint. Wish him well.