Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Three Hot Rods, Three Teardrops, and Three Stooges

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by b-bop, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Great thread, thanks for posting.

Would love more details about the trailers and how the cars are set up for towing.

b-bop likes this.
  2. b-bop

b-bop

I can only tell you the details of mine. It is 5 foot wide compared with the other two that are 4 foot wide. It is about 720 lbs when I am loaded and going on a road trip. I knew I would pull a trailer when I was building my car so the hitch receiver was designed into the car during the build. the receiver is behind the licence plate so the plate flips up and the hitch slides in and the trailer wiring is right there. If you want pics or other info, reply to this post and I will dig some up. John (34 with red trailer) may respond about his setup, as he occasionally frequents this board. Pete (47 delivery) does not do internet. His trailer was home built and finished the night before we left. Started with plans from Speedway I believe. It is very basic and mostly a bed and cargo unit. Mine is fully equipped with Stove, BBQ, Icebox, etc.

oldsjoe likes this.
  3. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Who's plans did you use or is yours a self built unit? I like the self contained idea. Joe

b-bop likes this.
  4. b-bop

b-bop

5. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

b-bop, Thanks for the generic Benroy plan link!

b-bop likes this.
  6. b-bop

b-bop

No problem 39 guy, the whole tnttt website is to the teardrop world what the HAMB is to hotrods.

7. rfraze

rfraze

Excellent adventure. Thanks.

8. bengeltiger

bengeltiger

Love the thread. Caught it when you started it, lost it, found it again a couple days ago and got caught up. Building a teardrop myself, for my brother and his wife. Hope to follow it up with one of my own. Thanks for sharing your experience!

CornfieldPerformance and b-bop like this.