Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Three Carbs & a Magneto: Norm's Model A

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by J.Ukrop, Sep 16, 2022.

1. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

J.Ukrop submitted a new blog post:

Three Carbs & a Magneto: Norm's Model A

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited: Sep 16, 2022
    Jet96, 63fdsnr, 1320 Fan and 8 others like this.
  2. Murphy32

Murphy32
    from Minnesota

3. Last edited: Sep 16, 2022
    rod1, El Hueso, Tman and 3 others like this.
  4. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Wow lots to study on that one that you’d miss at a casual walk past. That dash is easily
    The best tri five - or similar- dash into a model A I’ve seen. Absolutely love it. Tons of ideas and details
    To be found here

Tman and HEMI32 like this.

5. Rivie63

Rivie63

Glad to see you featuring Norm's coupe. He's been a mainstay on the scene for decades. Hell of a machinist too. Also has a banger powered Model A rpu he's working up. Saw his coupe as a kid in the 1960s, pretty much fueled my interest in traditional hotrodding

HEMI32, Tim and Tman like this.
  6. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

Wow that car is fantastic!!! As always, there are a couple things I would change if it was mine. Usually, when I say that, "a couple" means a lot. This time however, I think I literally mean I'd probably only change like 2 things. And those are....tires....and paint? Like, the most basic things. Everything else about it is perfect.

7. I wouldn't even change the tires, at least you could round up a spare in BFE if you messed one up.

8. Nobey

Nobey

There's a guy that knows how to hone a Hot Rod......

Tman likes this.
  9. Polara 500

Polara 500
    from Bagdad

I've been acquainted with Norm since about 1970 when his Machine shop was still in Eastland area of Lexington. There isn't anything he can't do; he's a master engineer as well. He is also hands down one of the original and very most gracious ambassadors of the street rodding community in existence. His coupe has been an inspiration to generations of gear heads in our area. The closer you look the more you will have to marvel at. I'll guarantee anyone who asks that coupe has more miles (and history) on it than 99.9% of anything else on the road today. And that Columbia 2 speed works perfectly.

El Hueso and Tim like this.