Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration thoughts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roseville carl, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Jan 12, 2019.............

Once again we have this day, the twelfth of January. A day that will linger on till I die. But as the years go on we have two ways to go. One is to remember what happened, the other is to remember all the good times we had together. I prefer the latter. From the moment you were born till the day you left us there was nothing but good memories, most better the others. From taking you home in the 57 and watching the look on moms face as you both sat on the bed in our little apartment. To me sitting on you at dads house (not paying attention to what little bundle was on couch). There were lessons to be learned, like not touching the exhaust pipe on the dirt bike when you were two. Or not saying pass the Fkn salt at home after your first hunting trip with your ol man. Many, many lessons and you learned them all well. You became a great man and a great father yourself and I am really proud of you and all you accomplished. We had so many great memories water skiing, camping, hunting and just living life together. And yes dad didn't get pissed when you crashed the dune buggy, we just fixed it together. Also when you had one too many and fell over on your chair we had good laugh at that one, talked about it all the way home (tell mom we were bear hunting). Working on all those Volkswagens together is another memory this ol man enjoys, even the ones we cut up in pieces. In fact all of your car projects that we worked on together are memories I cherish, the go kart we made out of Jacks 450 Honda, the Chevelle (What is that noise about, when you blew the trans), and of course the 56. The look on your face when we first fired it up (together). Yes my son we had great times and fond memories together, memories that will last until eternity. That is what I choose to hold on to. You will always be with me, and riding along with me.....................

Love Dad

So all you fathers out there, take your son or daughter out for a ride today as tomorrow may be too late................

Suicide Prevention Hot Line 1-800-273-8255

me n mike at Hawleys 2005.jpg Mike at ocean 2.jpg

scott27, Kan Kustom, Thor1 and 29 others like this.
  2. My thoughts are with you today Carl. HRP

3. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Will do, sorry about your loss.

Bones

loudbang likes this.
  4. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My sincere condolences. A parent should never have to outlive his child. I can only imagine your pain and sense of loss. I pray the passage of time helps to dull the pain for you, but keep your memories clear.

God bless you and your family.

loudbang, Hnstray and chryslerfan55 like this.

5. pumpman

pumpman

Thank you for sharing that Carl, be strong and stay the coarse.

loudbang likes this.
  6. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Beautiful remembrance. I'm gonna hug my girls extra tight when I get home from work.

loudbang, chryslerfan55 and 1956 F100 like this.
  7. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I wish you Peace Carl.It needs to be said..

loudbang and Hnstray like this.
  8. Unique Rustorations

Unique Rustorations

I agree with what has been said and will put you in my prayers tonight. Regards, Randy

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  9. havi

havi

Thanks, Carl. My condolences. :(

loudbang likes this.
  10. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Those anniversary dates are always the hardest. I lost my youngest son in a wreck in Feb 2008, so you are not alone in your loss. The natural order of life is that our offspring outlive us, but sometimes that just doesn't happen. Sometimes it's like the John Mellencamp song say, "Life goes on, long after the thrill of living it is gone.". I know your pain brother, and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Best wishes to you and yours in this time of remembrance.

pitman, loudbang, fauj and 1 other person like this.
  11. belair

belair

God bless you guys who know some things the rest of us don't. Peace.

havi, ffr1222k, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  12. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Carl, thank you for continuing to remind all of us just how fragile life is and to be aware of those around us who may be hurting inside even though they don't show it. Hopefully by sharing your pain someone's life will be saved. I truly believe your son has been right there with you supporting all the improvements on the FED.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  13. upspirate

upspirate

14. studebaker46

studebaker46

carl as a father who buried a daughter at age 20 in 1994 from an auto accident I cant even imagine the pain from losing a child to suicide. Having said that I think you concentrating on all the good memories is best way to honor him Tom

15. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

I am so sorry for your loss, but I am so grateful for the reminder, I will call my son now.

loudbang likes this.
  16. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

My condolences Carl and thank you for sharing.

loudbang likes this.
  17. junkman73

junkman73

Roseville Carl I'm sorry for your loss.My name is also Carl and I grew up in Roseville Michigan.

stillrunners and loudbang like this.
  18. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

It sounds like you have a good handle on it, I guess it's best to remember all of the great times that were spent together.

loudbang likes this.
  19. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Me too. Tears.
    And then I read...
    "...like not saying pass the fkn salt..."
    And I laughed right out loud.
    ...with more tears.
    It hurts. It fkn hurts.
    But we remember the good times.
    And we're thankful for them.
    God bless you, Carl.
    Pass the fucking salt...please. ;)

20. 34Larry

34Larry

I'm with you today in thoughts Carl as I also have had to give up a child, my daughter LaRae at age 53 ,(state Labor and Industry Doctors and Opiods ), in March of 2017. My heartfelt condolences. I have 3 girls (all adult), she was the 2nd and my "car girl". Always bragged of what she was going to do to and with my 34.
    There is no hurt on earth like that of loosing a child:(!:(!:(!

chryslerfan55, loudbang and AHotRod like this.
  21. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

I'm so sorry Carl, prayers sent. I lost a step son in a accident, we were really close, only Dad he ever had was me. It's hard, I think of him every day.

loudbang, AHotRod and Hnstray like this.
  22. BJR

BJR

Powerful thing to share with us......... Thank you, and your right, remember the good times shared. Brian

loudbang and Hnstray like this.
  23. slim38

slim38
    from Sudan TX
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Thats tough brother. Wishing you and you loved ones peace.

loudbang likes this.
  24. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Oh my gosh, what a horrible experience. Lost a grandson to it at 21, no reason. My sympathy. Stay strong.

loudbang likes this.
  25. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

Thanks for sharing that Carl. My younger brother lost a daughter at age 36. It cut a big hole in his heart which has healed quite a bit thanks to his son and daughter in law having two children since her passing.

loudbang and AHotRod like this.
  26. 40ford

40ford
    from Duluth, GA

My prayers are with you Carl. I hope you have nothing but fond memories of your son.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  27. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry for your and the rest's losses. I am a member of this group too having lost my oldest son John Clifford Davison in an accident on April 21, 1989 when he was 19.
    Loosing a child is something no one should have to go through.

28. 1940Willys

1940Willys

God bless us all sir, god bless us all

loudbang likes this.
  29. AHotRod

AHotRod

Carl,
    January 8 2008 my oldest son Cody was killed in a car accident, it changed my families life.
    My eyes are full of tears with that memory that never is at rest, and for you and the entire family.
    May God bring you Peace and Comfort.
    God Bless you,
    Glenn

loudbang likes this.
  30. loudbang

loudbang

Wow powerful stuff had my eyes clouding up a bit when reading it.