Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thoughts on this 32 Coupe ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kerry67, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Kerry67

Kerry67

I posted a few weeks ago that I was getting bored with my 56 Wagon. It is a great car, just getting the itch for something different. Love to to the Hot Rod route. I have been offered a few interesting trades for it but this one I am really interested in. 32 Ford Coupe. Chevy V6, Mustang II front end, decent driver, needs some work and odds n ends.

What are your thoughts. I am digging it.

Attached Files:

2. That's not a '32. Looks like a 30-31 A coupe.

3. 32's are worth more than gold these days, but is that really a 32? If it's a solid body and frame, go for it!!
    Old Hemi, change the wheels (just don't look right on that car IMHO), ditch the fenders and running boards, freshen up the satin black paint, kick some ass.

4. It's a model A not a '32..

It looks pretty good but with a V6 and a mustang II it needs work to get it compatible with the line of thinking on the Hamb.

The wheels are too wide and most likely the rear axle is too wide.HRP

5. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery

Looking like a 30/31 to me too. Still probably better than a 56 wagon though:p

6. You didn't ask for opinions but it would be a cold day in Hell that I would trade your 56 wagon for a Model A that needs a total rebuild,,IMHO. HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  7. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

X2. That A looks like crap from a distance, in a blurry picture. Unless your wagon is a total pile, I'd pass.

Brian

8. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I'd say pass. It is a model a, not a deuce, and I am not nuts about that chop. The v6 and front end are also questionable, and I wonder what that primer is hiding.

The other issue is that you are used to driving around in a roomy, comfy car and hot rods are a different animal. Not everyone is cut out to be the owner of a 20's or 30's car as they are cramped and don't ride quite the same as later ones. Some people are hot rodders and some are not. I don't mean that in any disrespectful way, just stating that some of us will put up with more than others.

Don

9. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

X2............NO X50:eek::D!!!!!!

Frank

10. ParkinsonSpeed

ParkinsonSpeed

That chop is super rough.... Pass and get one that no one has made "custom" yet...

11. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

That is your wagon ??????? Oh hell, that thing is way nicer than that A. If you want a hot rod in addition to the long roof, build one yourself. There is no timetable, just do more as you get the money and it will be a better car too.

Don

12. the-rodster

the-rodster

If they told you it was a 32, what else are they lying about?

Rich

13. RUN!! RUN AWAY FAST!!

Your wagon is lots better, at least in the picture. IMHO.

14. Keep the wagon, that A is a turd.

15. Kerry67

Kerry67

Yeah, it was pointed out that it is not a 32. Gotta ask about that one. I have been wanting to go the Hot Rod route for a long time, just never had the time or the money really to get there. I agree that the wheels need to be changed and some other cosmetic work as well. As for the V6, as long as it runs ok, I am good with it....FOR NOW. Definitely would want that changed as well. Hoping to go look at it next weekend. As for my wagon, it runs and drives really good. Needs some work as they all do but it is a fun solid car. Just not where I want to be anymore....And I am sure it is more comfortable than the Model A but I think the fun factor would go up. Gotta go take a look at it. Here is an old shot of it the guy sent me when it was yellow....

Attached Files:

16. Tell him you want to drive the A first,
    that will cement your love for your
    '56

17. Tony

Tony

Simple and to the point......no deal!

18. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Even in the yellow picture that chop is just not right somehow.........too severe maybe.

Don

19. Depends on your ability(telling difference between a A and a B could be a factor) and how much time and money you have. If it runs/drives well, although not traditional, lots of them are and have been running around for years. Personally, I'd rather have A coupe than a more door chevy wagon. I'd look it over good, drive it and if works for you trade. Just trading the wheels off of the A would help a lot.

20. X a bunch !!!

No way I'd do it straight up even trade OH hell no.
    Now let the negotiating begin because that model A coupe will need to bring cash too.

21. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

That's what I was thinkin. Doesn't look like it was pinched at the cowl.

22. I have a idea,,why not post the wagon for trade in the classifieds,,never know what someone will offer,,,

It's you car and your money and I think most of your responses have been spot on,,don't jump in shallow water too soon. HRP

23. kscarguy

kscarguy

Without a doubt...NO. That model A will cost you a ton of money to fix. Your wagon is much cooler and worth much more that that model A.

24. On second thought after seeing your wagon and confirming it's not a 32, keep that wagon.

25. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

The only thing you can do is a test drive. If it's what you want, then go for it. BTW, I like the wagon........

26. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27. Fuzzy pic in black it looks like sh*t
    Pic of it in yellow = More sh*t
    The whole job is wrong
    Keep the wagon

28. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

Just buy the A outright and after a while you'll know which one to get rid of, if you can only have one. I'm with the rest, somebody's trying to put it to you, and they aint bringing no Vaseline.:)

29. Kerry67

Kerry67

I am going to go look at it. Not gonna judge by a couple pics. I have seen cars look better than the pic and worse than the pic. Guess we will see....I personally think my wagon looks better in pics than in person. Maybe cuz that is because I know where all the flaws are. If the A is a complete pile of shit, I will certainly pass. If it is decent and I can turn it into what I want, then I may consider it. Gotta see in person and drive it first. I don't have the time, space, money or ability to build one from scratch but I could turn this one into something cool.....maybe. Thanks for the reply's. I will keep everyone of them in mind when I see it.