Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thoughts on the Roundup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KATFISH, Jan 11, 2008.

1. BLAKE

BLAKE

Good point. So, I'm like... famous..?

2. 54BOMB

54BOMB

I posted a picture of your hat a few months back, if that helps haha

3. TxRat

TxRat

I havent missed a Round-Up yet. Dont plan to either. The Kontinentials have done a fantastic job of pulling this show off year after year and get my respect for it. This is a grass roots show that by its own simplicity has grown to be one of the biggest "little" shows around and I hope it stays around. I make a couple of shows a year and this is one of them....
    See you guys there....

4. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

Man, I was all set to send you back a major FLAMIN' - yeah, I'm slow.
    I think I've been hanging around "Street Rodders" too long.

5. KATFISH

KATFISH

My,My,

I guess having started this thread and then just sitting back to watch
    where it went, I should jump back in for a moment.
    I'm not calling anybody's baby ugly or trying to piss off the cookie monster.
    Just checking to see if im out there by myself on this.
    I didnt think I was.

If you took this personally, too bad, get over it.

Yea, I'll be there, we'll see how it goes. Hell I might even bring some shit to sell
    at the swap meet. Im sure it's free.....it is free......isn't it free?

Yea, I am an old fart, I've earned it, I'm even proud of it.

I've never thought of myself as being limited in my outlook on things, or of
    being bigoted or prejudiced. If someone thinks that of me without ever even meeting
    me, well then what does that make them?

This board is not my Life, I already had one of those.

I only post when I feel I need to....I felt the need.

Thank's everyone.
    That's how I feel.

That's it.........for now.

6. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

I had people ready to take a picture of your car blake .
    they said it never went by the finish line ?

7. Moe

Moe

So, Blake your like.... in-famous now ...... COOl....
    I have a picture of your car in my phone, taken at night with no flash .... Does that make you feel better ???

I have been to all the RU's .... Each one has been awsome .... GREAT JOB Kontentals....

I have met ..... Enigma and Billy G. at the past RU's ..... and now "THE BLAKE" ... COOL!!!!

8. R.C.

R.C.
    from Waco Texas

I am 50/50 on the show
    I have been typing out what I am going to say for the last 30min and keep deleting it?????

9. bonesy

bonesy

My gosh - would some please post a picture of Blakes car(s) so I know what I'm missing.

10. 31DAN

31DAN

The "Round up" is THE show!....Steve and crew great job on getting everything together.....Looking forward to Congress Ave.... and thanks for putting it on every year.....
    Dan

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

The part I love the most

[​IMG]

12. I wasn't going to chime in on this, but after reading Beatnik's Post. Man he is the MAN!!! The Kontinentals put on one hell of a great show. Unfortunately last year was only our first year. It was down right AWESOME!!!!! Regrettably we did not have a rod in the show last year, I hope things change for us this year and we have the Model A with us :) The only complaint I had about last year was that I did not have enough time to check everything out like I wanted. I also had the wife and 2 kids in tote as well, so by about 3 pm they were out in the truck in the parking lot chillin in the A/C Sleeping haha. So I took off on my own and was finally able to enjoy it all by myself. :)
    I'll say it again you guys pull off one hell of a badass show and I doubt I would complain about anything, if someone is bitching then don't bother going and if you don't bitch unless someone is kicking your ass... We are all there for the LOVE of Hot Rodding and a great time to meet up with our old and new friends!

13. BISHOP

BISHOP

Last year was my first time also. I didnt want to leave.

14. Anderson

Anderson

I agree with and understand everything you have to say Beatnik....with the exception of the above paragraph. And only because we are required to send in a picture of the car we are registering with our registration "application." I kinda thought the point of doing that was to weed out the stuff that didn't fit within the mood of the show. I don't have a problem with the car quality as of last year....there were plenty of amazing cars there to see, and the number of "others" was low enough I didn't mind ignoring them and now, don't even remember them at all. But with doubling the number of cars at the show, I'm thinking I'll be walking past 5 "out of place" cars to see one nice car.

Issues on Congress wont change.....its one of those things you have to get over. The late models suck, and it really pisses me off to see a family of 5 hanging out the back of their late model SUV, parked right across the street from the Continental. I'm not talking about the as mentioned local residents and people who work there. I'm talking about the folks who are purposefully there to look at the cars....the cars driving by, and the cars parked on the street, and should be fully aware of why they shouldn't be on the street. A little courtesy on their part to park on a side street would be VERY welcome. Just kind of a note to anyone who may be daily-drivering it out to Austin for the show.

15. The Shocker

The Shocker

Put a straight tube axle under it and jack the frontend up a few feet where you cant see where your going,and people will take pics of it ...

16. I flew in for the last 2 and liked both venues.I enjoyed everything about the weekend ,the people are all so nice and layed back!If you put as many people together in Boston as you get on S.Congress there would be violence.I told my wife even the babys don't cry in Austin ,everyones happy.Asfar as the cars go,I take about 800 pics each time,tons of my kind of iron!
    THANK YOU KONTINENTALS!

17. BLAKE

BLAKE

Here's a few from past RU's (thanks to George Brainard!)...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

WOW, Look at that crowd around it in front of the Continental Club! Impressive.:D

19. Harris

Harris

Shameless self promotion there Blake.... Shameless.

Nice cars tho...

20. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

I love Buzzard's '58 too.

21. BLAKE

BLAKE

Yeah... I'm really happy for him that the '58 was inadvertently caught in that pic of my coupe.

22. Von Franco

Von Franco

Blake you are a legend in you own mind lol.........................

23. McPhail

McPhail

The Round up hasn't been the same since we had to leave the football field.........
    I have said it before, If you don't like where this event is going, STAY HOME......just that much more parking for cool people......

24. Anderson

Anderson

Here's a good shot of your coupe Blake. It looks like a little bit of the car got cut off but I'll get a better shot next time. I can e-mail you the full size version if you want. :)

[​IMG]

25. *HOLLYWOOD*53

*HOLLYWOOD*53

26. OutLaw

OutLaw

27. Johnny Ace

Johnny Ace

Outlaw,
    When was that bottom foto taken?

Thanks.............

28. Don't want to jack the thread, but I have a newcomer question... what exactly are the standards to have your registration accepted or rejected? I realize the reason for sending in the pic is to keep a certain element away, but could you be more specific?

I consider myself a trad. hot rodder with a borderline street rod. I love the car the way it is, but I realize that some would consider it riding the line between trad and street rod.

I won't bother sending in the registration if I think I'll be rejected, don't want to waste your time...

By the way, as I re-read this post, it does sound slightly whiney, but it's an honest question and not meant that way, Thanks.

29. Anderson

Anderson

You don't have anything to worry about 38Chev, your car will fit in well.

Forget about all of the above junk.....all I want to know is......will the Sam Barris Merc be there this year or not? :cool:

30. G Griffin

G Griffin

Don't worry, Blake.
    I'll be there to shoot your cars...again.

G.