Register now to get rid of these ads!

thoughts and prayers for a fellow bodyman...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xtralow, Feb 22, 2005.

1. xtralow

xtralow
    from So Cal

Yes thats a brutal card to be dealt at such a young age,you and your friend are in my thoughts and prayers,stay strong and keep the faith.

2. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

I hope they get it all out. Best of luck to your friend.

3. my friend bobby found out yesterday that he has a brain tumor the size of a man's fist...they are operating on him thursday to try and remove it...he's 26, he's a car painter by trade and a racecar driver and an all around great guy that i'm glad to call my friend. please put him in your thoughts and prayers...doctors say he's lucky to still be alive...he's too young to have been dealt this card.

4. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

wow, sorry to hear.
    I hope he comes out O.K.

5. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

Wow... that sucks.

I just turned 28, and I don't go to the doctor anymore, because I'm scared of all the things they'd find wrong with me...:eek:

Best of luck for your friend!

6. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Best of luck to him and his family. May the God's be at his side.
    xxx
    Brandy

7. thanks for the kind words...i'll pass them along to him.he's been wanting to go to car show in florida coming up in march(he's recently become interested in traditional hot rods), so hopefully we'll be able to make it

8. palepainter

palepainter

Never give up hope. My sister inlaw who is only 30 has been battling Leukemia for 7 months. The doctors almost wrote her off. She had a 5 % chance of survival after complications during chemo treatment that left her digestive track failing and pneumonia. She some how pulled through that after 2 months on a respirator and in coma. She had her bone marrow transplant and has just celebrated her 100 day mark after transplant. It was a miracle. And I can only tell anyone in the same situation that the power of prayer is quite strong. It is the only thing that that explains what our family experienced.
    Never give up....Never stop believing....

Mike

9. v8minor

v8minor

you have my prayers , you never know the minute ,, good luck

10. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Palepainter said it and it's so true. I'm a direct result of the power of prayer. 15 years ago when I suffered a severe head injury there was not much hope. I went through 7 head/ brain surgerys and over a year in a rehab hospital relearning everything from walking to feeding myself. If it hadn't have been for prayer, and the love of a terrific woman I would not be here today. One of my surgeons commented later that he had never seen anyone who was so far gone recover to lead a near normal life as I had. When I related that so many people were praying for I knew I was going to make it, his comment was "There must be something to that because I hear that from so many miracle survivors". I''ll include your friend in my prayers.

Frank

11. Curt Six

Curt Six

Hey Lucky - long time no see. I hope things go right for your buddy. Talk to you soon.
    Curt

12. oldspeed

oldspeed
    from Upstate NY

Tell your friend Bobby to hang in there. As so many have already said don't dicount the power of prayer. My wife delevoped small cell cancer in her lungs, that has less than an 8% survial rate, they gave her 3 to 4 months. That was 11 years ago with no sign of slowing down. No matter how frustrated he becomes don't let him give up. Anyway my best to him and his family.

13. HoldFast

HoldFast

there is hope man. I know a guy named Mike. Had a tumor that covered the whole top of his brain. He went in for a check up...the thing was totally gone. I mean he had it there for quite some time. Tons and tons of tests. He's pretty much the top dog with O'neal now. Last I talked to him anyways.

There is always hope. Buddy of mine in canada got told he had til summer to live because of pancreatic cancer. New Dr. New tests. He's gonna be fine but they have to keep a close watch on it.

I pray your friend bobby recieves just that kind of miracle. I really do. Same for all of these people. It just sucks to have this kind of thing happen to you.no matter what your age..but especially at younger ones.

Godspeed. My prayers are out there for them

14. Right on Frank..........Amen to prayer...........my prayers go out to your friend!! Best wishes!!