Register now to get rid of these ads!

thought some HAMBers might like this car...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Carbs & Chrome, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Don't know much about this car. It is outta the SLC area. Might be a HAMBer's (?).

Attached Files:

2. borndead327

borndead327

and its boostin!
    bitchin modified

3. Squablow

Squablow

What kind of springs does this thing have? That can't be driveable the way it's sitting. Cool engine setup though.

4. muffman58

muffman58

The power plant is X-tra COOL! I really like all the gauges.

5. I think we could safely call that one a "Ratrod":eek: :rolleyes: :D

6. That's a motor? I thought he was makin 'shine!

Maybe it's just me, but I'm already tired of the ratroddragingbodyontheground flavor of the week look. Is this what the mini truckers mean by "putin my minitruckin style into ratrods"?

7. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Heh, those pressure/vacuum gauges rule. Love that turbo setup, but I hate those turbos...they're a whore to rebuild/upgrade ;) Kick ass car though.

8. Nice radshell.
    Is that Astro turf on the floor or am I seeing a large gap between the body and frame?

9. jerryjagger

jerryjagger
    from salinas Ca

Those are some good photos. That is a bad ass ride. Looks like someone put a lot of time and effort into building it. The motor looks insanely cool. Thanks for the photos.

10. That's a gap between the doors and the floor...

11. interesting. meticulous set up and assembly. I give the guy a lot of points for originality but bottom line is with that ride height - I looks unsafe. One tire blowout at speed and he's skidding across the interstate on his pan.

12. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

lots of nice work there...

but I agree with Tinbender. I'm not a fan of them this low. Still, its cool.

13. Glad you all have enjoyed so far.

I liked it most for the attention to detail on the build - all those fastners would drive me nuts, the well thought out assembly, gorgeous welds, and of course the boosted flat Packard.

That's why I snapped some pics and share 'em here.

14. The car sits low because thats what I wanted. It has 5" of ground clearance now. The pics that are on here are from before some of the bugs were worked out. Shit I didnt have seats in it yet. The care is safer than 50% of the "Traditional" styled or "Rat" rods ive seen. That why the workmanship and the chassis are top notch, everything that could affect saftey were over built to ensure that there was no way I or any passenger could get hurt! The car has seat belts brake check vavles all new steering rod ends new steering gears cotter pins in every bolt in the front and rear end, every bolt is a grade 8 all the holes are the right size for every bolt that is in this ride. The drive line tunnel is wrapped with 18ga. sheet steel and held in place with 40 10/32 screws and is bolted in under the car with 8 3/8 bolts and has a drive line hoop made from 3/16 2" flat bar at both ends to catch any thing that might go wrong. I dont run shit tires or tubes on any ride I have. For the record i have had a tire go flat on the free way from some jerk droping nails on the road. The car never touched the ground! Was easy to control to get off the road. So if its to low for you thats fine that why I own it. I built this to have fun with and I have done just that. I do agree the filter is nasty I have a cure for the problem I just havent had time to get to it yet. I can say it will look much better.

15. It's got a great look, and some good ideas. PLEASE clean it up some. It's a shame to have some of those ideas/craftsmanship on something that can be called a ratrod. I hope that came out as intended

16. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

It looks great, If i owned it, i would paint it gloss or suede , because it deserves it, pat yourself on the back, it is different looking and in a good way.

17. Its a super charger! It works great and was simple to overhaul.

18. It did and your not the first to give me shit about it! i do call it a rat rod now and then. it realy bothers some people that see it to hear it called that. Its just to ruffle them up thats all.

19. Gasserfreak

Gasserfreak
    from Yuma, AZ

So post some newer pictures up already. I'm waiting in suspense here. I don't give a shit what the flavor of the week is on here, not low enough, too low, I would do this, I would do that, blah blah blah. We all like what we like, and That things bad ass.

Drew

EDIT: Oh yeah, and how about some more details on this bad low machine

20. yah, i think we all want to see more pics. that's awesome.

21. You built it to lmpress yourself?cool!

22. Bondoboy

Bondoboy

23. Roadstar, ... Exactly!

24. ratman

ratman

Call it want you want dude. Low or high its a cool ride. Great work.

25. LEECOUNTYRODS

LEECOUNTYRODS
    from Dixon, IL

I love it, you should post it on http://www.killbillet.com/ This ride would fit just fine there. Its where I have mine posted.

26. Frank

Frank

He's being modest. I love the ingenuity and the unusual motor choice. If you haven't seen the short video of this car driving down the road and hearing that charger whine, you're missing out. C'mon, post the video or the old thread link.

27. Zerk

Zerk

28. I love it,I wish there was a way to get measurements on how to get it real low,where I live there isnt anybody that has done or does anything rad like that,I guess im a little slow or scared to do it myself but if anybody can give me some pics or a step by step on how to do it I would greatly apreciate it,if you do have some info and would like to share it,please p.m. it to me.

29. Bad azz video clips,get me wormed up and ready to go work on the buick,thanks.

30. CLASS B MODIFIED

CLASS B MODIFIED

That things insane. Anybody that thinks its shit should be shot!