Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thompson Dragway Test & Tune Day

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by John T., Oct 23, 2010.

1. John T.

John T.

Had a lot of fun today, Went to Thompson with my buddy who has the Bomber Stude at the end of this video. It was his first time out with the car which makes in the neighborhood of 1800 Hp.

Also got to see Littleman makin some passes & seen the Blew By you's 56 Chevy new Supercharger & 4 Port set up run, plus some other cool stuff. Thought I would post the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN8qyEowAgg

I also just uploaded an old one of my Hotrod from early last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UYAjzPbIvo

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  2. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

3. John T.

John T.

4. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

56 is badd ass

5. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

Did you by chance see what that BAD ASS '56 ran????? IIRC he ran a 9.47 the week before (his FIRST time out with it) - that thing SCREAMS!!!!!!!

...I knew him before he was famous... ;-)

6. Coupe Crazy

Coupe Crazy
    from LI, NY

Very cool stuff:

Nice run.

First video, third run, that's what my daughter wanted my 41 plymouth to look like...cool...but not this time.

Second video, what is wrong with your neighbors? The passers by don't even as much as turn their heads the direction of the car running in the driveway. Hearing that idle, I'd be tripping over my third leg.

7. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I think his last pass was 9.32 ....had problems w/ oil leaks on the last pass and they shut him down.....and it better be badass being blown alky w/ hp it makes !.......I see a 8.99 in the future.....and think that this shortblock was someones backup ...I wish I could have two of them....It's a shame the last engine killed itself, he really only had a handful of passes on it...it was badass as well........Littleman

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  8. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Thanks for posting. That 56 is bad to the bone. Tell Santa to buy you a camera tri pod for Christmas

9. That gray Hombre Austin is a fresh car too, I know his brother and he made his first shakedown pass here at Lancaster over the summer. I didn't see the e.t. but I think it was 135 mph which is moving.

[​IMG]

10. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

No doubt Steve's Bad Ass '56 SCREAMS!!!!

Running LOW 9's headed for the 8's!!!!

Let me be the first OFFICIAL MINION!!!! YOU DA MAN!!!!!!

Now how does this work exactly? Is there an "official" signup sheet or what? Do I get a sticker...ID Card...what? Just messin' with ya Steve!!!

11. Tank

Tank

The party plates on the blue firebird were a nice touch! :D

12. John T.

John T.

Santa has said I have bad the past few years... Hoping this year he will rebuild my Hemi so I can play at the track too.

We need more big cars blown and injected like that 56, The video was cool but in person it really got my attention. I have seen him run that car many times, but when it fired you could just tell something special was under that hood. Kinda cool too that it all under the hood.

Party plate Firebird made my day:)

13. Looks like you guys had a blast...too fast for me:D I hope I am there when each of you turn your goals (Littleman, 9.99 and Steve 8.99) I will just keep having fun at my 11.00 thank you! Keep them together for next year so I can join in on the fun....

14. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

That Stude was awesome!! Talk about thinking outside the box!!!

15. John T.

John T.

He will be back out next year to get it dialed in.

16. 550ss

550ss

Would've loved to have seen the local Bear in the D.A.R.E. Mustang line up next to Party Time chirping the lights all the way down. :D

The Stud is killer...The guy that built it is super nice as well. I've met him before at some other shows and he's definetly brilliant with his mods. Great to see he not afraid to drive his show winner!