Register now to get rid of these ads!

This younger generation "thinks" they know EVERYTHING.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Frank, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Morrisman

Morrisman
    from England

My little 'un used to 'visit' me fairly often, but now seems more interested in X boxes and internet games. She also doesn't like riding in my hot rod, says she is embarrassed! "Because everybody stares at us dad" :(

I feel like I've failed as a good father.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. You haven't failed.
    Just tell her the people are looking at her cuz anyone riding in a hot rod probably is famous.

When my youngest granddaughter was 7 she didn't like riding in the roadster.
    Mussed up her hair etc.

I made a point to drive the 32 roadster down to the school bus stop and pick her up.
    When all the boys rushed to the right side windows she got it.

She's enjoyed the people looking ever since and especially enjoyed being picked up at high school in the 32....

3. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Had the grand daughter this weekend and she couldnt wait to break the law (no car seat or belts) and go for a ride in the roadster.. her and me first then grandma came with us.. We didnt go far but she had the time of her life and told gramma she was glad that Pop was around to spend the day with her.. We took her back to Ft Wayne this morning and I tried to get her to go to the midget races with us but she wanted to see her mom.. Maybe next time..
    Dave

4. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

This puts life in perspective... I am building mine with hopes of getting the same grins... These postes put a big smile on my face! Thank you all...
    Jay

5. dsiddons

dsiddons
    from Indiana

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  6. dsiddons

dsiddons
    from Indiana