Register now to get rid of these ads!

This weekends custom projects rear bumper and a console

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fastcat, Dec 6, 2004.

1. fastcat

fastcat

Did a couple custom fabricvation projects this weekend for the packard. a rear bumper and an interior console. The rear bumper is made from mild steel tubing. I wanted it to blend with the rear body well. Not expecting it to absorb major collision.

Attached Files:

2. fastcat

fastcat

The console sit about 3" above the trans and driveline tunnels. I have one bracket near the rear and one that will swing under the dash. It gives the console the feel that it is floating. Its not done yet I ran out of sheet metal. I have hammer formed a cap for the rear tonight and welded it in place. I will put a pair of courtesy lights mounted underneath for the rear seats that will be invisible. Did you get anything exciting done this weekend?

Attached Files:

3. fastcat

fastcat

another pic

Attached Files:

4. fastcat

fastcat

another rear bumper pic.

Attached Files:

5. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

................please take note: For all of you (like myself) that complain and bitch about your garage not being big enough, warm enough, well lit, no lift, etc.........notice the nice warm, hard surface this man is working with! Well done!!! [​IMG]

6. Yep...that's dedication! Nice, creative work as well...I especially like the way the floating console is lookin'. [​IMG]

7. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

hey lets see some pics of that chop and that console is a cool idea never thought of doin somehting like that i just throw everything on the floor

8. Nice console. I like the "floating effect" I'm trying to do a little of that too (seats, console, etc.)

9. Nice work on both! Gotta admire that kind of dedication. I guess I'm spoiled [​IMG]

10. fastcat

fastcat

heres a pic of the car. I just got it back on the finished chassis last week. 5" chop 6" channel airbagged

Attached Files:

11. Wow, is that snow on the ground? What part of California is Nevada City in? Working outside like that is hardcore, dude! I graduated to my first garage about 6 years ago, but before that I worked outside in all conditions, too.

BTW, kool ride!

12. fastcat

fastcat

its norcal in the tahoe national forest. unfortunately it is snowing more right now. figures that my dad has a 6 car garage here with 6 cars about 25 engines and all his tools so I end up working on the patios HAHA.

13. jonnycola

jonnycola

I really like that car... and that console is a really creative design. Awesome.

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

WOW, that is hardcore! Looks great so far. Keep us updated with photos please.