Register now to get rid of these ads!

This Sunday: Philadelphia Modifiers at Atco Raceway. Who's going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by synthsis, Oct 1, 2007.

1. synthsis

synthsis

NEXT SUNDAY- Oct. 14th/ NEXT SUNDAY- Oct. 14th/ NEXT SUNDAY- Oct. 14th thx AutoStud for catching my boo boo

Gates open at 8am for a swap meet then racing starts shortly after. I know I won't drag my ass out of bed that early but I'll be there with the camera taking entirely too many pictures like normal.
    Let's get a roll call.

[​IMG]

2. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

It's not till the 14th, but I'll be there. Probably with my (gasp!) mustang because I'm still putting the overdrive in my '47

3. synthsis

synthsis

DUH! thanks for the correction.

4. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

I'm gonna be at Lebanon valley the night before, but...I'm gonna try ta' come home and make it...I wish they would get more "old time" cars for their "old time" drags...I have been watching this event degrade into what has essentially become a fish in a barrel shoot for regular bracket cars for years now...and after going to the Showdown drags, I imagine the sea of Camaros, and tidal wave of Nova's will be all the more depressing...:(

5. synthsis

synthsis

My uncle has an 800hp+ Nova and I'd like to see if he wants to go but I'd rather keep it in the spirit of the "old time". Hell, at least he's into cars.

6. I have parts ordered from Fatsco for the Buick's Dyna-slip trans that I hurt at the Jalopy Drags.
    If all goes well I'll be there on the14th.

I offer out Smitty with his Pontiac gasser! Spread the word!

7. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

yeah...no problems with novas or anything, but, it does get old when there are 200 of them, and nary a hot rod around...:D

8. Class Reunion

Class Reunion
    from N.E. PA

I plan on going.
    Gregg

9. Spike!

Spike!

The first year I went to that event it was well worth it. Gassers galore and plenty of "old stuff" running. After that, it's been all down hill. As said, Camaros and Mustangs and Novas just don't do it for me. I can see them at any given street night anywhere in the country. Boring.

As for the Modifiers that put the event on, they are one of the oldest clubs around here, but more of a "Street Rod" kind of club. One bright spot is Andy Krauss' roadster and the Bowers brothers who are original members from the 50's. Those guys rule. I guess they can't MAKE people come to the event, but something must have scared all the cool cars away. Same with the swap meet. What happened???

Put the Nostalgia back in and I'll be there. Until then, I'll pass.

Spike

10. synthsis

synthsis

c'mon ugly, you can go with me, maybe I can even get a ride in my old car.

11. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

I am planning on being there.....just got new tires from Corky Coker and haven't had the *test run* yet, but I should be OK to go!

Caravan with Automotive Stud and the Kingfish I guess.....

Brucie