Register now to get rid of these ads!

this sucks !!found on craigslist

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flatheadfever, Feb 22, 2010.

1. [SIZE=+1]I found this on CRAIGSLIST I hope buddy get his car back.

http://ventura.craigslist.org/cto/1610130816.html

SCUMBAGS STOLE My 1941 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION COUPE !.. I Only had it for about 24 Hours !... The TOW Company moved it from Mid-Town Ventura to my driveway late afternoon, and then it was stolen the Next evening !... There wasn't even a Note on the door from anybody asking whether I'd like to sell it !.... THREE WITNESSES SAW a WHITE PICKUP TRUCK with OPEN FLAT CAR HAULER backed in the driveway at approx: 6:30 PM, WEDNESDAY EVENING, JAN 6TH !!! .... I have sentimental connections to this vehicle... This is a Very Rare Car...If you see a car that looks like this around town, it is it, although they may have already changed the color... There are No others around here like it.... There are very few nationwide !... I worked very hard to pull the money together to buy this car.... I borrowed money from my family.... I know it's hidden right now, and more than one person knows where it is... Please, if you know anything that can help me find the car, .......The Low life that took this Studebaker knew about cars, because the body style makes for a Great Rat Rod, Hot Rod, Resto Rod, Low Rider, or Classic..... The REWARD will go to the person who leads to the recovery of the car... If you happen to see a car like this being transported on a flat bed trailer, please let us know where, so we can get an idea where it is, and close the circle...... This car is very Unique !... I haven't even seen another one on the street or at a car show... Help me find this Car !... This is a Lousy feeling... Imagine if you had worked very hard for something for a Long time, and some low life steals it away from you !... I feel like my child has been kidnapped... The Studebaker was only in the driveway of a off side street for a day !.... They came Prepared with a Trailer and Tow vehicle, so it was most likely taken by somebody Local, meaning the immediate Ventura County area ...This car is going to surface somewhere... I am a Member of the Rodding community, so I'm looking for it.. Thank You !!

. . . . . . .[SIZE=+2] Barry @ 805-218-3658.. . . . Email me through Craig's List. [/SIZE]
    [​IMG][/SIZE]

2. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

That is horrible! Just got the car and hadn't even got it in his hands yet. :(

3. freebird101

freebird101

4. 510madmav

510madmav

oh man that hurts... see if any of the tow truck drivers drive a truck like the one eyewitnessed.

5. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

6. Of all the cars stolen do any have happy ending with the car getting returned?

7. $10 says it's at a scrapyard someplace and if he's lucky he finds it before it's been smashed all to shit.

I see this is a month old, the car is probably gone. Looks like a lot of people don't get it. The car was in California, I forget if Ventura is in the south or just where. Just read the thread where the guy wants to get rid of a truck body to find out how bad it is - scrap guys will take anything even if it's chained down - and the chain too! To anyone who doesn't know what it is, it's just an old beat up piece of shit, not a neat old Studebaker. Some scrap guys stole it, they took it right to the scrapyard, and it's already on a boat to China by now - it will never "resurface" unless you can track down the metal in a 2010 Hyundai or Toyota. I hate to be a party pooper, but unlike some cars there is no huge demand for '40 Stude parts - not enough to be worth the risk to steal one to part out, instead of say some later model car.

When an old car is stolen that's a project or less than perfect, you do not pass go, you take pictures and you go to every scrapyard in the area THAT DAY and maybe you can catch the car before it's shredded.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  8. Sorry
    i thought it just happened. I did a quick search and didn't find anything.

9. Good luck to you and bad luck to the theif! Here are some pics I took of it when it was down the alley 5 blocks from my house for the last couple of years. It will be hard to hide when it resurfaces! Super nice starting point. It needed headlight bezels so contact Stude parts suppliers and have them save the number of anyone asking about these parts. Put this info on all Stude websites and parts suppliers. Good luck!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. that sucks! my guess is it was the tow truck guy or one of his friends

really hope it gets it back and nothings damaged

11. outlaw1949

outlaw1949

May the thieves die a horrible death. I hate a fuckin thief!!

12. CraigKrage

CraigKrage
    from central IL

Maybe you're on Overhaulin and it'll come back with abitchen stereo system?????
    Sorry trying to bring a smile.
    Good Luck.

13. Fenders

Fenders

"They came Prepared with a Trailer and Tow vehicle, so it was most likely taken by somebody Local, meaning the immediate Ventura County area ..."

I certainly am not suggesting anything but if you want to think like a police detective you start at the center... who knew you had it? The seller, the tow company... then move out from there...

Three witnesses and not one took the reg. tag. of the truck... damn!

14. outlaw1949

outlaw1949

That would be cool!!:D

15. nutajunka

nutajunka

See that fence around it with barbed wire? Probably a reason for it.

16. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

17. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

This really sucks, I aint got no use for a liars or thieves!

18. GasserDave

GasserDave
    from Sin City

I would place an ad in the V.C. Star with pictures and a reward. Its funny how a reward and a tight economy can bring out witnesses it normally wouldnt...

19. 29ron

29ron

Tow truck company??

20. <FANG>

<FANG>
    from W.L.A.

I saw this about 2 months ago listed in the L.A. Craigs
    e-mailed Berry
    and suggested he join the H.A.M.B.
    and post here
    hope he gets his car back

21. good luck finding it. seems rather suspect.

22. cafekid

cafekid

yes my first stop would be the tow truck company mainly the driver.

23. It was siting in his driveway!:rolleyes:

24. chevyshack

chevyshack

Hey! Maybe overhauling show took it! wouldnt that be sweet!

25. stoneshrink

stoneshrink
    from washington

have people check the various swap meets.... bet it went to such - there's huge problem at the Portland swap meet of thieves coming up and selling stuff they stole in CA... especially tools, but heck, a car with an easily changeable vin or sold "without title" wouldn't seem too far away from reality. Hope you get it back

26. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

That's just fucking wrong. Some fucking scumbag tried to steal Shoebox Mags' Valiant out of our driveway just a few weeks ago. And I know it was a car guy. How? It was 30 degrees out, and it's a slant 6 with a hand choke. No passer by common thief would know how to start that at that temperature.

Man. This fucking pisses me off. Ok HAMB! Lets rally together and find this guys car!

27. Fatbob309

Fatbob309

Seeing that show is no longer in production Im going to say no....

28. stlrider

stlrider

TOW TRUCK DRIVER!!!!!!!!!
    I had all my Autometer gauges and stereo stolen out of my Lightning when it was supposed to be dropped off at my friends body shop. The tow company denied everything and said it was like that. They also drug off the air dam and bent the back bumper. I had drag marks in the driveway.

TOW TRUCK DRIVER OR HIS FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!
    Good Luck

29. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Man, sorry to hear that. That is a nice looking car to start a project with. Studebaker types generally aren't the kind to steel or like that kind of crap. If whoever has it tries to get info.,advice or parts from a Stude person who knows about this, they will do the right thing. Spread the work around at the Studebaker Driver's Club site, etc. and hopefully it will surface before it gets ruined. Whoever has it will have a hard time getting parts, etc. if the word is out on it. Hopefully the guy still has the documents and VIN numbers if nothing else. And hope he reports it to the police asap. DMV might then catch it down the road fully restored.

30. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

goddam i feel for the guy... thats some bull shit there.. somethings fishy.. and i'm with the guys that said tow company... someone definitely saw it or heard about it.. then decided to plan the heist.. but what idiot would do it at 6pm??? anyhow.. i would have been pounding on their fuckin front door and tracking down their drivers one by fuckin one.. i gurantee thats who nabbed it and more than likely its in pieces now either crushed for drug money or being hauled off to other swaps outside of so-cal for a quick profit... sad sad sad thing. hope he gets some closure.