Register now to get rid of these ads!

this poor caddy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bloodyknucklehill, Jun 24, 2009.

1. scoped this hacked up caddy in the local junkyard today.. it made me sad.. other then the wanna-be el camino hackjob it was pretty straight and complete.. sorry the pics suck, only had my phone on me. The bumper sticker explains it all though :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

2. r8odecay

r8odecay

Snag the grille.

3. r8odecay

r8odecay

Was it a real deal hackjob, or was it a flower car???

4. hvychvy

hvychvy

Damn,that sucks.

5. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Damn nice looking pickup. Get it fixed up and haul your crap around with it.

6. r8odecay

r8odecay

Did the side view profile look like this:

[​IMG]

7. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Ever consider it was straight and complete because of the hackjob?

When these cars tell their stories, the hackjobs are a major chapter that usually involve decades of storage. Either waiting on the the hack, undergoing the hack, or sitting around being "special" because of the hack.

Hacks can be GREAT cars accordingly.

8. Hell, Id take it. even if it did just end up being parted out.

9. kookee

kookee

Oddly, I have also seen Cadillac "trucks" that were supposedly a limited production camper. There had been one on Egay a while back. I really liked it, but was unsure if it were also a hack job. The back of the "cab" looked as if it were done in a very clean way, but was leary. There was a post here about these "trucks" but I am not sure how you could search or it correctly. Give it a shot, there are some very smart folks here that could tell you more than I.

I agree with some of the others though, maybe get it and see how it could be parted out, at a minimum.

10. 454_4_ON_THE_FLOOR

454_4_ON_THE_FLOOR
    from Selden, TX

I'd grab it if i could get it for a decent price and stick in the shop til i figured out what the heck to do with it.

11. OLLIN

OLLIN

I would still buy that.

maybe they were gonna make one of those campers

[​IMG]

12. kraka138

kraka138

its hard to see.... buut i think that is a flower car

13. Silent_Orchestra

Silent_Orchestra
    BANNED
    from Omaha, NE

Could you attach the pics as thumbnails? so we could make 'em bigger and see it...

If it's a flower car I would take...flower cars are cool.

14. Firecracker

Firecracker

If you could get it at a decent price, you might could make few bucks parting it out. If not, it would be a good conversation piece to sit in the backyard until you figure out something to do with it.

15. Kerry67

Kerry67

What the hell is sitting in the back end ??

16. it's a home made camper shell.. and BTW what is a flower car.. if it has anything to do with either being a hippy or literally hauling flowers around i doubt very highly this was one.. that bumper sticker says "cowboy caddilac" and one on the other side said "watch out when you pass, this driver spits tobacco"

17. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

a flower car is "coachbuilt" like a hearse. basically it is a Cad pickup used for hauling flowers for funerals

18. kraka138

kraka138

this is a decent picture i found
    [​IMG]

flower cars were either used to haul the casket or follow the procession filled with flowers, they basically were cadillac el cominos except they had four doors, did this one still have four doors?

19. no this wasn't a flower car then..

20. 1955 Cadillac flower car by Superior:
    [​IMG]

1955 Cadillac flower car by Miller:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=main><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=smallText align=middle>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    [​IMG]
    </TD></TR><TR><TD>[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR><TD class=smallText align=middle> </TD></TR><TR><TD>[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10>[​IMG]</TD><!--EditRemove review button <td class="main">[​IMG]</td>Add Back button--><TD class=main></TD><TD class=main align=right></TD><TD width=10>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD>[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- also_purchased_products //--><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=infoBoxHeading height=14></TD><TD class=infoBoxHeading width="100%" height=14></TD><TD class=infoBoxHeading height=14></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=infoBox cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE class=infoBoxContents cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=smallText vAlign=top align=middle width="33%"></TD><TD class=smallText vAlign=top align=middle width="33%">

</TD><TD class=smallText vAlign=top align=middle width="33%">

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=smallText vAlign=top align=middle width="33%">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- also_purchased_products_eof //--></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

21. cadillac nut

cadillac nut

not all were 4 drs 1 do have a 2 dr 1960 cad http://strangerscarclub made by Mclane (spelling? ) out of indiana .. i was told the funral palors ordered what they wnted from the dealership and picked out a coach builder from there...i think Mclane is one of the few that would use a regular size chassis and made 2dr .......