Register now to get rid of these ads!

This or That

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jun 18, 2008.

1. I tend to lean towards the clean subtle, nothing like cruzing a car around that is so clean it looks factory, but to the trained eye something just isnt right..... say very subtle nose decking, or long skirts hidding a bit more meat than stock.

2. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer

I have my bias opinion, the 58' is killer. i just wish mine was as killer as that one. one day. wont be as crazy, but crazy enough.

3. Gotta go with the chevy. The ford is just way too close to stock for me. That '58 is my new favorite for that year.

4. Firetop

Firetop
    from chicago

Tough call. Both are killer rides. But for a driver, Id have to go with the Ford because of what its NOT saying. No flash or hype. Simple in your face style. Clean and understated. Definately a car made for everyday driving.

5. Bodacious

Bodacious

I wouldn't kick either one outa' my garage. But that being said, the '58, as well as being done in a fashion that's more pleasing to me, is also a much more interesting body style to begin with.

6. BUDDY HOLLY

BUDDY HOLLY

Tell me how to join

7. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jim Doss' car is, in my taste range anyway, perfect in its initial customization. I really appreciate how it was de-chromed at a time cars looked like they were attacked by hordes bearing Be-dazzlers. I don't mind some of the over the top paint jobs, they tend to amuse me, but a good question is; when is enough, enough? There isn't any real drop off point except every individual's own taste. I wonder how many times a guy got his car back from the shop and wondered to himself; "Well, I f***ed that one up." or got tired really quick of the decision he made so soon after getting the car back?

Since I have a '58 Chevy, I am going through all kinds of versions in my planning and I hope that my "enough" comes at the right time.

Pure beauty.

[​IMG]

Should'a left it be, but...

[​IMG]

Yeah, no...

[​IMG]

Ye gods....

[​IMG]

Nice, even inspiring.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks to Jim Potter and Rikster and the interwebs...

8. Nice one Ted, bumping an almost 3 year old thread!

9. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep, that or starting a new one. It was the lesser of two evils.