Register now to get rid of these ads!

This just absolutely RULES. Vid of a FIAT.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TINGLER, Mar 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TINGLER

TINGLER

Check this out.

Its a little O/T, but it's damn cool.

Watch this little thing burn out at the end.

I gotta get one of these............I actually know where there is one setting. hmmmm.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

2. TINGLER

TINGLER

...oh yeah, here's some info on it:

3. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

Wasn't there some movement (bowel possibly?) many years ago where people were putting motorcycle engines in things like T-buckets?

4. ratstar

ratstar

Always good for a laugh at least!

5. TINGLER

TINGLER

Actually, I have a soft spot for micro cars. Some day I hope to either buy a Velorex or build a similar motorcycle powered car.

Here is a link to some info on this topic: http://thekneeslider.com/motorcycle-powered-cars/

This stuff may not be 100% traditional, but it IS about hot rod engineering.

....I for one like to daydream about it. :)

6. Gigantor

Gigantor

that's a zippy little grocery getter - as long as you don't need to go in reverse.

7. Mart

Mart

It's like that every day here in England.

Not!

Mart.

8. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

I got a '70 Honda 600 sedan that needs more engine.........
    hmmmmmmmm

9. noboD

noboD

Cool video!! There's a lot of these little fellas running hot VW engines too. Or check out the Hemmings Blogs for the Fiat Abarth video. I think I remember the Abarths having 1000 cc engines, went like stink.

10. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

There used to be a little red Isetta that ran around these parts with a mild VW engine....had wheelie bars....It NEEDED 'em too!!!!

11. Splinter

Splinter

Sounds A LOT like the last car I built- 78 VW rabbit diesel (no smog) with a 2.2 liter 16v engine, 4-into-1 header (half a V8!), dual sidedrafts, full roll cage, no interior except seats. Was like a gokart....and good god, could that motor SCREAM at 8000 rpm.

12. TV

TV

I built and ran one on the street that had a 912 porsche engine with a V dub IRS trans axel in my younger days. I usta blow off big block Chevs. all the time. I finally made a drag car out of it, best of 11:13 at 119 mph . My son and I have a stocker we plan to build some day, but the hot rods are to fun right now. I'll look for a pic and post it.--TV

13. Now someone needs to dig up a pic of Richard Bay's Giant Killer. Or is that the car you're refering to TV?

14. TINGLER

TINGLER

15. When I lived in Downey,Ca.,I had a neighbor who had a Fiat 600 with a turbo,2233cc VW engine. First time on the track,no slicks,no wheelie bars,no rollbar,11.0! He didn't know how fast it would go,so it was just a trial run. Next week,rollbar,wheelie bars,slicks 9.50's. I tried to buy it from him,but he said no way! Talk about a sleeper. He runs it at all the bug shows. Oh yea...it's street legal too.

16. Appleseed

Appleseed

No shit? Really? That cool cause about 6 months ago my area hosted a national mini/micro car meet. I almost snapped my damn neck passing that one. There were Trabants, Tridents, Messerschmit 3 wheelers, and more Citroens than you could shake a stick at. i must have talked to a Citroen freak for about an hour. And I thought I had OCD! Ha.

17. KIRK!

KIRK!

Wait, that was nothing like the 50's...except the short shorts with sandals...totally 50s. :)

18. Appleseed

Appleseed

Oh yeh, I forgot about this little gem my bro and I found. Winter has a way of making things like this seem sane. Watch for the wheelies.

or this. Listen to it spool up!

19. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

Here's some more Fiat. Obviously I like them (this is a 128 for those of you wondering what my username was referring to). They're not the fastest things in a straight line but they are really made to go around corners, like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/v/SyWG7yxzMdc

They other nice thing is they are really cheap (if you can find one, they like to rust) and hopping them up is cheap too.

20. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

that wheelstanding golf cart is awesome! i have free medical.....i need one of those!

21. Alfster

Alfster

Preston Tucker said of a lack of reverse. "A Tucker owner backs up for no man"

22. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

Re: This just absolutely RULES. Vid of a FIAT.

http://www.microcarmuseum.com/

23. TV

TV

Nope, mine was chopped, but Rich helped me build mine. I ran multapla springs in the back of mine with adjustment rods to load it for traction. Lloyd Mosher bought Rich's car and ran it under the Giant Killer name he also had it chopped. Mine never got out of the 12's with the 912 motor. Installed the Andersons record motor a 1976 CC VW engine and thats when it took off. I was at Long Beach racing one night and broke a half shaft and if I hadn't been so far ahead of the guy next to me I would have T boned him. I hung a left right in front of him. I could see his face as I shot by him and his eyes were as big as saucers. I had flat towed that night, and Rich was able to barrow a trailer for me or I might still be there.--TV

24. AlbuqF-1

AlbuqF-1
    from NM

I love micro's too! I saw an old Harley sidecar converted into a 4-wheel car, with an old flathead KR engine on the side, in a chopper mag about 25 yrs ago, and ever since I've wanted to build a bike-motored little car. They are just as much fun (and potentially as fast) as a 500+ cube muscle car.

Love that old chugger in the vid, too!

25. TV

TV

YAP!!!!!!!

26. thrasher

thrasher

27. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Bollox! There wasn't that much sunshine there my entire 6 years! :p :D

Most of the kit market in the UK is comprised of big superbike engines fit into tiny chassis.

That Atom is something else though!

28. The absolute best demonstration driving I've seen was in a Mini Cooper in a city Square performing forward and rearward wheelies and turning on a dime rotating around his front tire.

http://media.putfile.com/mini-57

Enjoy...!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.