Register now to get rid of these ads!

This is what 25 grand buys in Los Angeles

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuce Roadster, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

More like this one ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The above 32 3W just recently sold for $19,500. It is a fixable car ... for a person of my skill and financial range. It is $5,500 less than the LA 3W. For $5,500 ... I could buy decent front fenders, bumpers, bumpers braces and all the patch panels to fix it. The above 3W has a seat and the garnish moldings. It looks to be a much better 3W.

The 32 3W @ the LA Roadster show that I originally posted at the start of this thread was 25 grand PLUS another 10 grand for the doors and decklid. That adds up to 35 grand and a 35 grand 1932 3W looks like this ... in the South.

[​IMG]

A great body with no patches needed and complete ... minus the armrests and the engine/transmission. :D

2. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

He can shove that where the sun dont shine and i hope he gets tetnus as well,what a load of crap.

3. obviously a much different economy in Kalifornia than the rest of the country. You sure that was not 25,000 pesos?

4. KIRK!

KIRK!

It's funny how we always get mad at the seller on things like this, me included, but if it did sell, he obviously had the market price on it. The buyer is the idiot.

I have zero problem with an aftermarket body and know I will never own a "real" '32 Ford coupe or roadster. Well, more because I like Model As WAY better, but you get the point.

5. This is what you can get for 20 grand in South Carolina,,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It looks like you get a lot more bang for your buck in South Carolina.HRP

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  6. I don't know about L.A. but here in the Sausage Capitol $7500.00 hard earned American Dollars will get this and a shit load of parts that come with it >[​IMG]>>>.

7. Holy shit I sold this in 74 for 500 bucks and the basterd drove off in it............

Attached Files:

8. It's a lot easier to come down from a high price than come up from a low one.

Just because it has that price on it doesn't mean it sold for that.

If it's too rich for your blood, buy one elsewhere.

It'll cost you a couple grand to transport a non-runner across the country. So the SC stuff is still a better deal.

'32 stuff has always been expensive and people will pay big money for half rusted bent up old stock car bodies, so I don't see what everyone is bitching about.

And last but not least, people have fixed way worse cars, if you think that's too rough to save, go back to the model cars already.

9. Weasel

Weasel

Y'all are so cheap....:rolleyes:

10. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Apples and Oranges I know but $26.5 could have got you this no rust no major dents................

Attached Files:

11. thequietwon

thequietwon

12. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

HAHAHA...I almost fell out of the chair laughing...hahahahahah..hard drugs..hahaha

13. Here a couple more from the Saturday , I also looked at the 3W and walked away thinking a Brookville is a good deal . The Black five window body was 25K with dash and Garnishes and looked nice , the running driving 5W was $48K . The Tudor was 8K and the rough 5W was sold with no price when I got there sat lunchtime .

Attached Files:

14. thequietwon

thequietwon

Not relevant? Is it not the same car in question? Does the add not contain additional photos that may better show the condition of the car?
    Sam

15. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Hi, my name is Larry and I'm a '32 Ford addict

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  16. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Wow! I guess that I should have dragged the 32' truck cab (minus doors) to the left coast.....I sold it for $50 minus the firewall and the "kid" was more than happy to drive 3 hours to pick it up via Craigslist.........I drug it to swapmeets and guys just chuckled at my $60 price.......so finally I got rid of it via craigslist.

Chris

17. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

The rough 5-window had $11,000 on it when it was in line to get into the swap meet. I think it sold before it got through the gate.

To make the story of the 3-window even more convoluted...it was listed on the Dallas Craigslist for something like $100.00 or highest offer several weeks ago. The guy that listed it evidently thought it was a Model A. The person that bought it (see ebay ad) paid considerably more than $100.00 but it was still a fraction of the asking price at the LA Roadster Show.

I think it was perfectly salvagable, and it came with a decent original frame. Hypothetically, if you went to the LA Roadster show to buy a '32 3-window project, and it had to be a genuine "real" 3-window, then this was the only 3-window body there for sale at any price...at least that I saw.

For some people the only difference between $2500.00 and $25,000.00 is a zero and a comma.

18. troylee

troylee

I should be building a time machine. Go back and buy up all the 3 window ford anything. I 'm done day dreaming now.

19. chloichina

chloichina
    from Florida

0vvv04.jpg

I'm headin to California see you there.

:eek:
    NOT

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  20. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

KOOL ... I have about quit watching eBay for the 32 Ford stuff :D

It is indeed the same 3W and thanks SAM for the eBay link.

I did not start this thread as a moaning, whining, crying thread. Just as a example of what was at the show. :D:D

I do hope that whoever bought it ... builds it :)

21. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

There was a primer'd black 3-window in the swap meet on saturday for 18,500.

22. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

These things always end up as a pissn comp with a "f#ck the rich" attitude.

32 stuff will always bring more $ and the 3 windows in particular. Its that simple. The complete car that sold recently for under 20K was a bargain, if you doubt that go look at the range of prices we all predicted for it BEFORE the auction.

The prices of all this stuff is only going one way over the longer term - its that simple.

We should all be stoked that these arent getting crushed which is exactly what happened for years.

Thanks for posting the pics D.R.

Posting pics of off brand and off year cars are meaningless. Its all about a 32 ford :)

23. tradrod

tradrod

Deuce Roadster: He didn't pay to much he just bought it early:D, (btw, love your coupe,:) in a man crush kinda way;))

24. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

That is what I keep telling my wife ... :D
    After 36 years ... even she is starting to believe that :rolleyes:

25. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

Too many people have gone Nucking Futs ! ! !

26. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

That's just the first part in a $100k car. It's not the first, nor will it be the last one to start out like that.

It's no big deal to the right person with the right wallet.

27. gonna see a whole lot more of those 20K cars because as cool as they are they really suck as a camper!:eek: i'm seeing record number of "dreams" being sold off for basic survival reasons with unemployment still at record highs and 401K's that went up in smoke. whats that old saying "HI welcome to mcdonalds may i take your order please!":rolleyes:

28. Munstergarage

Munstergarage
    from Visalia ca

I had a '32 roadster that was glass because it was all I could afford, I paid less for it than that entire car. If I was rich I would love to have an original '32 roadster or 3-w to build at any price.

3 years ago at the same show there was a very rough '41 willys coupe( another car I will never be able to afford in real steel). The car looked as though it had sat in a field since the mid '60s. it had a for sale sign on it that said " 41 willys coupe, $50,000 FIRM!!! If you do not know what firm means then just ask. " My friend and I were astonished when we saw it and thought " wow this guy really has balls. " An hour later we walked by the car and were shocked to see that he had sold it. I am sure he got pretty close to his price. BUt again , it was the only one like it in attendance.

I think that when you put a real high price on your cars it makes people stop and look and gives you an opportunity to try to be a salesman!

Way to go to whoever sold these cars for all the money, I hope they bought them for under a grand each.

29. HotRod33

HotRod33

Well I guess there are worse addictions.... keep going to therapy and you'll get better someday.. haha

30. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

I bet that's what Al Gore's lawyer is gonna say