Register now to get rid of these ads!

this is kind of an obnoxious request....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 85-percent, Jul 21, 2007.

1. 85-percent

85-percent

does anybody have blue prints or better yet CAD drawings of, oh, say, blower drive pieces for a 4-71 to small block chevy with a kuhl 4-71 to 6-71 adaptor plate for a weiand 6-71 manifold?

hub, pullys idler pully, drive snout, front and rear covers, etc., would be real handy. I work for a machine tool builder and , you know, why buy it when you can make it? Especially if your budget is not too much.

Thanks

85% jimmy

2. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Dang I'da hooked you up ....

I just deleted all of my files that had that stuff in it....

naw not really....wish I could make stuff like that...

3. 85-percent

85-percent

well, this certainly is non-resonating here. So I must keep kicked.

I must have asked incorrectly or something?

-85%

4. Hey- if you can mock up what yo do have, you should be able to measure everything you need to build what yuo don't have. Nobody is going to have plans for your specific arrangement.

All you need is the blower mounted to the engine, then the bottom pulley mounted to the crank. Measure the extension of the drive you need. If you have the ability to make things like that, you should be fine figuring out the lay out.

You could also buy a drive from Dyers, measure it, study it, then return it. Then you could see how the drive attaches to the rotor, etc.

5. 85-percent

85-percent

I've seen the Dyers drive set up on ebay. excellent value.

rcd (rce?) out in cali has good pics on their website. i've already done some scaling on their stuff.

i can lay it all out. i'm just lazy, and prefer copying what somebody else has already figured out.

thanks for your response.

-85% jimmy

6. Possibly they don't want people having "THEIR" blueprints!Check for patents before copying what someone else spent time and $$$ developing.That could be why knowone has provided the info.:rolleyes:

7. diggers4life

diggers4life

I'm a machinist too. The beauty of having a job like that is you can come up with your own ideas and make something totally unique that nobody else has. That's probably my favorite thing about my job. I get to be creative and come up with new ideas, then make the part that I designed. If you're just going to copy someone else, you might as well just open a catalog like most other people have to do.