Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods THIS IS HUGE FOR THE SMALL GUY!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vintagedrags, Jan 28, 2016.

1. vintagedrags

vintagedrags

Pinstriper40 likes this.
  2. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

That is good news. Thanks for sharing!

vintagedrags likes this.
  3. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Old news and not that big of a deal.

4. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

I am a for goverment backing off the small business owners. Great news. But I dont see me ever buying a kit car let alone one of 325 made. This would put it in a price range way out of my income.

5. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

They still will be required to pass current emission standards. I am sure Ford is more then willing to sell more 5.0 Coyote crate motors (at $9K+ a pop), but definitely not all that traditional.

6. vintagedrags

vintagedrags

You may not buy one of 325 cars, but if ten companies are making the same style car the number will be 3250 cars. The other up side, is if ten companies can make a viable run at this it could create a bunch of new jobs building, brace yourself for this, more cool cars! Sure, they aren't completely traditional, but good jobs afford people the ability and finances to build more traditional cars at home!!

This news is good news for the American worker which is good news for our hobby!

7. indyjps

indyjps

The benefit would come from companies being able to tool up for small production runs.

Hopefully selling panels to us from those tools.

If the cars are 1 off stylized street rods, not much help.

8. JJK

JJK

Small guys cant afford tooling to build production style bodies.

9. vintagedrags

vintagedrags

Depends on your veiw of small guys. A manufacture of 325 or less complete cars is small compared to Ford,GM, or Chrysler correct?
    These small guys may be bigger than you or I will ever be, but still they are way smaller than the big three.