Register now to get rid of these ads!

this is a bad 29 AV8 roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Johnyeyeball, May 10, 2011.

1. Those little windshield thingies look good. Definately different. Cool car for sure.

2. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

I love it.... I do like the full windshield though. Not to crazy about the dual what ever you call'ems. Everything else looks perfect, even the dropped axle.

Just my thoughts....

3. olskool34

olskool34

I really like the idea of the 32 ford wires on it, and a vote for no windshield at all.

4. tires are pricey for the dirt trackers i want from excelsior

5. johny, I think with the '32 wires, the little glass windshield thingys, and maybe a stock axle, your car has the perfect pre-war look!

6. fonti

fonti

very nice...full windshield for me

7. badshifter

badshifter

Colonel Klink called, he want's his monocles back. Nice A other than that. The weird part is you telling us your A is bad. Usually you post a picture, and let others tell you it's bad.

8. lorodz

lorodz

<TABLE id=post6561601 class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #e5e5e5 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 0px solid" class=thead><!-- status icon and date -->[​IMG] Today, 08:51 PM <!-- / status icon and date --></TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #e5e5e5 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid" class=thead align=right> #37 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid" class=alt2 width=175>badshifter<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_6561601", true); </SCRIPT>

Colonel Klink called, he want's his monocles back. Nice A other than that. The weird part is you telling us your A is bad. Usually you post a picture, and let others tell you it's bad

thats funny
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

9. thanks for the feed back pos or neg. it all helps with the process

10. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

I like them leaned back a little. May lay this one back a bit more yet.
    [​IMG]

11. rusty tools

rusty tools

looks great mr. eye ball

12. kenny g

kenny g

Yea.The round ones need some pink angel hair round them.
    Otherwise its great.

13. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

one of your 18 inch wheels has some bent spokes...

sorry, I notice stuff like that

oh, and I vote for the stock windshield

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  14. yea thats the spare

15. got some new headlights [​IMG]

16. xadamx

xadamx

There's not a lot that I read on the internet that actually makes me laugh...this did! Cool A...do what you like with the car. I like the monocles, but not on your car.

17. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

sorry fellas, I'm appreciative of the style, but he's painted over dents in the door, and you can see a welding crease (also painted over) on the driver's side body. I agree that the 'monocled' glass is GHAY...just doesn't fit...and the suggestion that early racers of these 'gow jobs' used that boutique crappola is not borne out in pictures from the era...most just reworked the windshield in a rearward slant, or eschewed the windshield altogether and slipped on some goggles.

dj

18. elmitcheristo

elmitcheristo

I kinda like the monacle. Just sayin.
    [​IMG]

19. now we have a good topic monocles or not. and I did paint over all the dents because if you want an 82 year old car than you should have a real one not a piece of tupper ware(fiberglass) and not Hot off the press ( some too nice after market fake) to the show the history and thats is why us car guys like old shit BECAUSE ITS OLD....

20. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

That 'excuse' just doesn't get it. To be honest, I see it as pure laziness, as most of us take the time to remove rust, replace rusted panels...and gently taking out dents, smoothing out welds - but using your reasoning, we'd just leave it that way...and act proud of it. That attitude is what gave rise to Rat Rods....

21. well tell me sir whats so rat about having a traditional pre war roadster that i not afraid to drive every day and not putting it on a trailer to go to a show pulling it out only on Holiday weekends and so worried about someone getting close to it in a shopping mall parking lot so please Be very careful about the term rat rod when i have a period car flat head V8 39 Ford gearbox banjo rear end and only a 4 in drop beam sounds pretty traditional to me remember I'm not the guy here with 9" and a SBC or big block coil overs and independent front suspension lets see who's is relay a Frankenstein Why is it not cool enough tho show the age of my ride if its to pretty it will look just as fake as the rest of the guys that relay are

22. Here is a bunch of periods:
    Feel free to use them for punctuation. I know it's lame, but some people think run-on sentences are for third graders.

Cosmo

P.S. The 'Brooklands' screens don't work, not even if they were straight on the bottom, as proper Brooklands screens are donw.

23. 66Coronet440

66Coronet440

The car is bad ass. I love highboy roadsters. The monocles look pretty cool...gives it a real early vibe like a runabout or speedcar. Pre-WWI isn't period correct if that matters, but it's your car so run it how you like it.

24. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

I have a few 'traditional rods'. Two of them are in primer, because I like the look. None of them have painted over dents, or unground welds. I park them where I please and I drive them on a regular basis. Your attempts to justify the painting of an unfinished body so it can be 'not fake' still doesn't mitigate my original statement - it makes you look lazy...I'm not sure exactly what era you're thinking of, but most 'car guys' in the pre-war world of hotrodding cared about their equipment. I appreciate that you haven't flavored your car with billet and non-period accessories (except for those horrid oval glass pieces), and, if you recall, my first comment was that I liked the look of the car - only had a problem with you being done painting while there were still dents and unfinished welds. Nothing to crow about. And - I assure you, I've owned more hot rods than most, and none were trailered anywhere.

25. Johnyeyeball, your car looks way cool. Personally, I think killer with 6-8 degree layback stock screen chopped 2".
    If the body looks a lil' rough- fine enough. Life is too short for AMBR body & paint finish.

As for derogatory gay references - I sure am glad (gay?) that the HAMB is 100% heterosexual.;)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  26. thanks guys I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers and yea truth being said drive what you like and it don't mean shit as long as your happy thanks for posting everyboady....

27. walls

walls

Nice car.

Let the hater hate, as they say.

28. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

When your'e right, your'e right!