Register now to get rid of these ads!

This Board is a Massive Disappointment

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Planet of the Apes, Aug 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I posted on this board because I'd read some really useful threads on old Fords, and thought I could get good advice here.
    My two posts netted me nothing except some polite interest. I ended up getting the wiring diagrams and the specs I needed from an old time mechanic down the road from me.
    I wonder what happened to all the folks who wrote those super knowledgeable posts I read? Did they all shuffle of to the Garage in the Sky? Brain dead from too much bad news? Shortwinded from the heat?
    I've posted regularly on a couple of watchmakers message boards, always got help. Ditto a Toyota 4Runner board. This here message board hereby gets the Planet of the Apes Least Responsive Award . I'll try my luck on EFV8 and Ford Garage from hereon in.
    Good luck, ya'll and dont take any wooden nickles.

2. I have always got lots of help on here.
    You really have to keep trying and I know you get the answers your looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

427 sleeper and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Some times it is the way you ask as attitude comes though the post at times.
    More often it is because the subject you asked about is off topic for the board.
    The last few weeks it also be because a lot of the more knowledgeable guys are on the road to Speedweek, the Hamb drags or went to Deuce days, the NSRA Nationals or one of the other big events that go on or just took the family on the annual family vacation. Pissing and moaning because you didn't get the attention you though you deserved won't get you very far.

4. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

:D You might be one of those guys who posts asking for help and gets upset when he doesn’t get immediate help.

Maybe I’m wrong but maybe not.

5. Bill Nabors

Bill Nabors

I can usually find what i need if it is related to HAMB type vehicles.

HEMI32 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. CyaNide

CyaNide
    from Texas

Try regular font in the future. I agree with the above responses. You won’t always get immediate response or the response that you want. So people won’t listen anyway.

CN

7. Irvan

Irvan

it would probably be to your benefit to give the board a fair chance. I don't have a lot of knowledge about most things but once in a while i can offer some help and i know there are a lot of people on this board who are happy to help and are very well qualified to do so. stick around, get some help, give some help.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

So, should we just assume his interest in the HAMB is purely self serving and ask him................
    What have you contributed?

Dino 64, HEMI32, 427 sleeper and 7 others like this.
  9. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

Bill, it doesn't need to be HAMB related to astound me with the knowledge available on this site. I remember someone asking about how to wire a tachometer from some WW II aircraft and someone had the answer, amazing!

10. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Seriously? You're bitching because you didn't get the expected 20 page response to a hard to read (to me) posts about 6V generators? How many guys here do you really think are experts enough to provide a lively conversation on that subject? None of the guys that did reply were jerks about it. One even pointed you to the Barn for additional help, which in my opinion is the best place to ask your question. Sorry the HAMB isn't what you expected. We will try harder in the future to fulfill everyone's need.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  11. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

12. town sedan

town sedan

Saw your other thread and thought that Deuce Lover gave a fine response.
    Did you checkout the Ford Barn and ask over there?
    Oh well...,
    -Dave

13. So, in a month you've figured out that this place is a disappointment. I've been here for 12 years and it's a constant source of learning for me. Do you feel like someone is supposed to jump and respond each time that you ask a question? That doesn't seem quite fair. This is a community where we tend to help each other with issues, questions, problems and sometimes even hands-on help if we are nearby the individual with a concern. Give the place half a chance....................................Don.

14. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Four posts and your drawing conclusions like this?????
    Don’t let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

15. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

seeee yaaaaa!

Dino 64, Hombre, Blue One and 5 others like this.
  16. catdad49

catdad49

So I checked your profile page and saw that you were an older person like a lot of us on here. I thought that it was just the younger generations that sought instant gratification. If you stick around I Know you will be surprised at the scope of knowledge that the members here possess. If not, I Know it will be Your loss.

Dino 64, town sedan, wicarnut and 2 others like this.
  17. Casey Riley

Casey Riley
    from Minnesota

It appears to me that both of the threads that you started about your '35 Ford got helpful responses from members including links to other sources of information...
    Why the hell are you complaining?

Thor1, wicarnut and lothiandon1940 like this.
  18. CGkidd

CGkidd

Boy you would have hated it when we were all assholes and smart ass comments

Sent from my E6910 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Dino 64, town sedan, Sancho and 5 others like this.
  19. Jefferson Black

Jefferson Black

How much money did you offer for the expert's time?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

20. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Blue One and lothiandon1940 like this.
  21. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

22. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

It looks to me that your perceived lack of response is because you posted a technical question in the introduction section. Most of the members here do not frequent the intro section. your questions should have been posted on the main board. So, your lack of help on the matter is your own fault.....

23. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Are you SURE you're not a Millennial???

24. I'm sorry your disappointed or displeased because someone or something has failed to fulfill your hopes or expectations.

I'm really saddened, upset, let down, disheartened, downhearted, cast down, downcast, depressed, dispirited, discouraged, despondent, dismayed, crestfallen, distressed, chagrined;
    disenchanted, disillusioned;
    displeased, discontented, dissatisfied, frustrated, disgruntled,
    choked, miffed, cut up and gutted that you think we let you down.

The hamb IMHO is the most active & helpful site on the internet and we are like a huge family,sometimes we argue, joke and poke fun at each other but when it comes to knowledge there is only one other site that comes near and that is the Ford Barn.

Stick around but don't expect to get the answer you want as soon as you post the question, and like others have said, use a normal font that is easier to read. HRP

25. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

X2 If you like the other boards so much, spend your time there and STAY THERE.

Truckdoctor Andy and Petejoe like this.
  26. 31hotrodguy

31hotrodguy

I would encourage you to stick around. I read your gen post and other than you posted it in the i introduction section it looked like you got a few good responses. I’m not sure what your were hoping for but responses can be hit or miss at times. It also depends on what is trending as your technical question about 6v gens could get a little lost among say “do I lock my door or do I not lock my door” thread. Also sometimes depends on if the person starting a thread is a little more known (from my experience but not always) because I think people sometimes don’t want to invest the time to respond if someone is going to bounce and never be seen again once their question is answered. We may never know the answers to life’s greater questions but I do know that the benefits by far out weight to cons.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

SquintBoy and 427 sleeper like this.
  27. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think he's gone, too bad... His loss...

catdad49, 31hotrodguy and Hombre like this.
  28. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, that's a Shitty last quote.
    Mine's gonna be... I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me , than a full Frontal Labotomy...
    On second thought... that one's pretty Shitty too!!!
    My bad... I think I'll go home now...

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  29. @Planet of the Apes -

I’m curious why you joined the H.A.M.B. (a “Traditional” Hot Rod & Custom forum) to ask advice about your Doodlebug tractor?

[​IMG]

As others have suggested, you might have better luck on the H.A.M.B.’s sister site, The Ford Barn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.