Register now to get rid of these ads!

This ain't yo momma's barn find.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BOWTIE BROWN, May 17, 2012.

1. S.F.

S.F.

That thing is nice...it should be preserved. This is officialy the first time you'll here me say that a Henry J should not be turned into a gasser

2. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

This henry j has ....NO.... rust everything is solid from the floors to the rockers , panels , everything ....solid.
    I like it but i also like being married to my wife ....if ya catch my drift.
    PM ME. BE PUTTING IT ON THE FOR SALE BOARD SOON.

3. Man......that thing sure is a nice original. I vote with those who feel it should probably go
    to a restorer type person to be preserved in that state. There are still more of them out
    there somewhere (not as nice) that can become gassers. How many miles are on the
    odometer?

I would certainly post it on that KF Club forum......http://kfclub.com/forum/index.php?board=4.0

4. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

There is a guy locally who has been trying to sell a nice bone stock Henry J for a while now and he is down to $ 4500 last I saw. It was at a swap meet a month ago that we went to and my Son said he has seen the guy reducing the price down on Craigslist as it hasn't had any bites. It was really nice and had the opening trunk, which I understand not all of them have.

I would have loved to have bought it but I really don't need another project right now, plus I can use that money to get my current one on the road. Here is the ad in case anyone is looking for a solid one to start with.

http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/cto/2936310399.html

Don

5. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

DON, This one is a 1951 without trunk opening.Also low mileage. For some reason the guys ain't bringing the right dollar. i think it should.
    B.B.

6. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Could be the economy. Every previous Henry J I have seen has been a rustbucket and they have gone for good money. The one you show and the one I saw are very solid cars and IMO worth what they are asking.

Some day I will kick my butt for passing this one up, but it just doesn't fit in my plans right now.

Don

7. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

Cool car in very nice shape. Always nice to see them like that (right before I cut them up)

8. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

wow thats a cool find i dont think i have ever seen a stock henry j before lol , but they do look so cool as a gasser heh

9. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

love henry j's- i am on the fence with the build. kinda known for their gasser stance, although there was a killer red one in street rodder a while back that wasnt gassered out and looked killer.

10. That one came to my mind as well. It would make a sweet little 60's style mild custom. I worked for Allstate for 10 years, I have always wanted to get one of the Allstate badged Henry J's.

11. Model T1

Model T1

12. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

WHAT ya mean ALLSTATE badged ? Don't know much bout em.
    B.B.

13. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Keep it, drive it, and enjoy the hell out of it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice find.......

4TTRUK

14. Model T1

Model T1

Sears sold about everything back in the 50's. They rebadged the cheap Henry-J as an Allstate.

15. Barsteel

Barsteel
    from Monroe, CT

I LOVE IT!!!

BUY IT!!!

Chris

16. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

My exact thoughts. Chrome reverses, WWWs, lower it a little..

17. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

18. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Sad in a way,It makes me wonder why the lady kept it that long,paying storage on it but not really enjoying it all those years.
    It must of had some sentimental value of some sort and/or she really loved the car but couldnt drive it or etc,etc.???

Hope it finds a good home.

19. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

Yeah , she stored a 66 ford (2door) & a 63 mopar(4door) too.Everything rust free.
    B.B.

20. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Well,I almost hate to ask but what happened to her or why did the cars come up for sale now?

21. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

Iam thinking she might be dead or 94 . Some guy is selling alot of old stuff.
    B.B.

22. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

Holy crap ....I was just on the Kaizer site . The one i just got , i guess is kind of rare. One guy is trying to find all the aqua green ...1951 in the world. Well he has found 8 & 3 are part cars. I don't think they had very many choices as far as colors.
    Working on getting it going tomorrow.

23. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

Well , the J went to a new home .The guy says he is going to street rod it with straight axle , rounded rear fender wells . You know what i mean .
    He is going to be selling the bumpers , front & rear ends .Crap like that , just let me know if interested & i'll let him know.

24. I caught that, lol... Most likely the 1st replacement of the original battery.

Bob

25. It was around 1964 or so.. my neighbor around the block had an Allstate in the garage that we used to play in... and no... the car is long gone.

Bob

26. Must have meant a hell of a lot to her not to be able to part with it for all those years. Interesting car.

27. When Sears sold the Allstate, it came in a large crate. Sears also sold a kit to turn the crate into a garage.:cool: