Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects This 62 Poncho was calling my name !!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rob-redm, May 11, 2012.

1. Well Marshall , reset the timing is was advanced more than he liked, put in 180 t-stat( we had a defective t-stat also) But she seems really happy, just running around 200, from what I've been told that temp isn't wrong on a Pontiac, heck our 2007 Chevy work truck runs at 200 all day... So I got behind the wheel for the first time and man was I happy.... Time to start thinking about giving her a name... Need to cross the exhaust off the list, and figure out the horns, bought a new horn relay with no luck... I guess in time...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  2. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Looks SWEET!:D

3. Thanks , I'm really liking it alot !... can't wait to sort the exhaust out and fix the horns.

4. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

Three........inch........lowering........blocks

The best $600 I EVER spent on my 62 Poncho!!!!

MIJ

5. call me old , but I don't think I will be lowering this one anytime soon...
    Towing duties ahead, and push car duties also...

6. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

Nothing too drastic.....just enough to get the tops of the tyres inside the wheel arches.

Oh.....and when I said 'blocks'....I actually meant coils.

7. 15x7 front and back. The rears are pretty tight. Still up in the air on lowering at this time. I may bend to pier pressure!

8. Lurk king

Lurk king

Noooooo don't do it.
    It will have a badass rake with a trailer in tow anyway. Haha.

My .02 save the money for a lowering job and invest it in a roof rack and a old pair of M&H's or Goodyear blue streaks and a hunk of 2x12 for the front bumper.

[​IMG]

I know it's a mopar but all I could scrounge up at the moment.

9. I've seen that picture before, I had those original Gragar S/S tri-bar center caps(not the repops) Should have kept them... It will be getting a removable front pushbar, looking for a rack that I can take on & off. Won't be drilling any holes for a rack for sure...

10. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

11. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

12. That's great love GM advertising from back in the! Hell the car & I are same age! Lol, did I write that.

13. I love those old Iron Indians !!...'specially the long roof versions !!...Drop in a warmed over 455 and have some fun with the old girl !!

14. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

15. servi53

servi53

16. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks great. Can't wait to hear what she runs in the 1/4!

17. Carnuba

Carnuba
    BANNED

WOW, love the blue tri-tone interior. As` far as the headlites....hit the hi beam switch a few times

18. it's running and driving kiddies ! coming home tonite !

19. Well drove her home this evening !!! really need to get the exhaust done, and then can go enjoy her more !

20. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

21. Thank you Mr.King !

22. Well the exhaust will be done this Saturday at CJ's, and the horns are working (big deal huh !) LOL . I really want to say a big THANK YOU to Marshall and Gary with Thunfield Rod and Custom for all the hard work they put into my wagon... Marshall has a great shop ! Now that it is running I can clean 20 years of grime off it, pressure wash the wheel wells, Happy 4th of July to all the HAMB !

23. flat top austin

flat top austin

Bad ass man I got a 62 grand prix a few months back!

24. Getting new exhaust as I'm posting this little blurb, thanks to CJ's in U.P

25. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool, almost ready for a road trip.

26. so exhaust is done, and since the ole wagon hadn't been really washed in 20 years.... stopped by and made a $20.00 donation and had her washed.
    Exhaust sounds great, and polished the stainless up and the bumpers, front grilles... :D she is happy ! Need to see why I dont have dash lights, maybe a fuse or just burned out bulbs... some small things to fix.

Attached Files:

27. No really, I hadn't washed since I bought it. But i got sun burned yesterday polishing stainless and chrome.

28. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Looks great ! more pics pleasee!

29. Will post a few more tonight.

30. tstclr

tstclr

Love it! How about a video of the car? I wanna HEAR it run!