Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects This 62 Poncho was calling my name !!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rob-redm, May 11, 2012.

1. trial fitment on 15 x 7 TTO, waiting on my other two rims, 215/70-15

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  2. S.F.

S.F.

That is a really nice wagon, I love it. How did you come across it?

3. local Craiglist find, the guys are working hard on it ... hoping to have it on the road in about three weeks... It's got tow duties coming ( my 35 Ford, and a certain race car also.) :D

4. Pontiac 400 getting a little freshening up, Gary has been working hard on this . New freeze plugs, new timing chain , fresh gaskets.. Turbo 400 , getting a service, new torque converter seal and output seal.... brakes are about 80 % done( still waiting for one more drum) wiper motor getting a rebuild , nos wiper switch (ouch !)

Attached Files:

5. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Looking GREAT! I love those pontiac wagons!

6. Thanks !! :D

7. engine coming along !

Attached Files:

8. small updates, engine getting closer....all for shoes match now !

Attached Files:

9. Tate

Tate

I kept seeing that car near where I live in a tow lot, then after a month or two it hit Craigslist. I thought about asking about it, but too broke to get yet another car, much less a project. I am glad to see someone here got the wagon and is doing right by it.

10. pretty much all mechanical, did find a rust spot in the driver side lower quarter panel(pretty minor). Keep'in at it !:D

11. Got a call from Marshall and Thunfield Rod & Custom... What a great surprise today !!! We have a engine and trans installed in my 62 Poncho !!! But the coolest surprise was !!! yep Mickey Thompson Pontiac valve covers ! I was grining from ear to ear, Thank you Marshall and Gary... getting closer !

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  12. sololobo

sololobo

Sweet wagon bro, looking very good. Congrats!! ~sololobo~

13. well got the brake drum on Monday that I was waiting for, so the brakes should be complete. I have to say the trip to the local parts stores these days sucks. Maybe I'm just getting old and cranky, but man you would think the stuff that would be on the shelf would be (I was wrong). (Pontiac 400 turbo 400) Two days out, 7-10 days out, two-four weeks..... If I had OT car they have it... But thats how it goes, just grin and bare it.... Working on fuel lines for the engine area, trans cooling lines also..
    Marshall did a killer just on my trans x-member, to bolt the Turbo 400 to.

14. marshall

marshall
    from tacoma/wa.

Rob is driving his 35 down to woodburn with us to go drag racing ,This will be the first time out with the new altered, and Robs 35 is going to be a cool tow car
    Ha!
    Marshall

15. That why I bought the poncho! Lol, may be driving my off topic ride. Lol ha!

16. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Love the color. Love the whole thing!! Good choice on the wheels

17. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's good to see that car coming along and almost ready to hit the road. The M/T valve covers are a perfect touch on it.

18. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fix'd that for ya'

Push rig smoosh rig. Wagons are for racing!

19. Smoosh rig? What are we on the Jersey shore, forget bout it!
    Thanks guys,can't wait to get behind the wheel. Its got tow duties and push car
    stuff to do.

20. picked a somemore stuff, finally found the correct temp light sensor, parts guys kept giving me temp gauge senders... Need a air cleaner, and carb to intake gasket,,,pretty darn close... drive line u-joints and shortening and balance . Exhaust, finish fuel tank stuff. Thunfield Rod & Custom has been great.. Maybe when I get this up and running may have to pay a visit to the 85 year old widower and take him for a ride.. I think he would be happy the car is running again.

21. getting close !!!! can't wait to drive her ! :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  22. It's going to be towing and doing push duty.
    Also find a trailer to haul my 35.

23. my hat is off to Marshall and Gary with Thunfield Rod & Custom....

Attached Files:

24. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Looking real good!:D

25. The Throbmobile is looking tits. I love it man. Can I plan on you driving that beauty down to Bonneville in your Safari wagoon with Shawn to meet up with Gregg and I? Man, You have really been going at it pal.

26. Hey brother, I'm going to be there in spirit. I have one guy off that week.
    $$$ are tight now...so can't afford to fly down. Your Dad is my prayers every night. The Saint Christopher, I got from him is in the 35. I drove the 35 to billetproof, looked at it all the while driving down. God bless

27. so today I was there when Marshall and Gary with Thunfield Rod and Custom fired off the 400 today, put her into gear(well up on jack stands still for now, some more small stuff still to sort out) into drive and into reverse... I shot video with my phone but darn if I can down load it to my home computer... again thanks to Marshall and Gary.... I would be driving it soon, but the exhaust guy I use is heading to sin city (er Las Vegas have fun ! ) :D still waiting for my nos horn relay with battery junction from Montana.... oh so close...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  28. Ok !!! Marshall and Gary worked really hard today on the 62. I had Thursday anf Friday off . Did some parts running here and there... I wish I knew how to post the small video I shot... But she moved under own power today, dealing with a small cooling issue.. But she is a runner/driver... Thanks you Thunfield Rod & Custom

29. sierra rod shop

sierra rod shop

30. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Congrats! Post more pics soon!