Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects This 48 F1 followed me home, what to do with it?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rodhotz, Dec 30, 2011.

1. On the way home the other night i kept having the feeling something was following me. When i got home i found this thing had hitched a ride on my car trailer! Now what to do with it? After looking it over it looks to have been someones project at one time, but once again seems they lost interest.:( It has a 5.0/AOD with a 9" rear, Mustang front II suspension. I guess it would be a shame to just put it out to pasture so i am going to show it some Love and finish it up!:D (Just what i need, another project!) Well i guess i will dig up some threads on F-1's and see if i can get some ideas. More to come....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  2. Nice find! What year is that? Used to have a 54 F100 with a 5.0, that truck was a blast to drive! Great score like I said and keep us posted on any progress.

3. fiveohnick2932

fiveohnick2932
    from Napa, Ca.

4 bar the rear, throw some paint on it and drive the shit out of it! Oh but make sure the outside looks Gennie! Awesome place to start!

4. I was told it is a 48.

Strange you should say 4 bar, it will be here next week!

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

come on this is too easy. no fun unless you find a rusted out shell laying upside down in a ditch - Ha! have fun.

6. Cutlassboy68

Cutlassboy68
    BANNED
    from Boone, Nc

did someone attack it with white spray paint?

7. fiveohnick2932

fiveohnick2932
    from Napa, Ca.

Giggity-

8. It has white, blue, black, red and a few other colors!!

9. Well got a bunch of pig iron cut off and ground down. Put the motor in a little better position and got the trans mount ready to weld up, also cleaned out a bunch of crap out of the doors and other collection spots. All in all the body is pretty clean, maybe a day and a half worth of body work.

10. Scratchbuilt

Scratchbuilt

build a neat 50's show truck out of it, blow peoples minds with it.

11. Cutlassboy68

Cutlassboy68
    BANNED
    from Boone, Nc

Twin blowers sticking 5 feet out of the hood, put 2 big turbos on it, corvette rear end with a 6 speed trans, 24 inch wheels.... Than never drive it and trailer it to a car show... after that crush the car cause its dead.... Sorry read this and thought of this car... Sadly alot of the parts for it came from me... (i may have pic of the wrong car but it looks just like this)

Build what makes you happy and drive the piss out of it!

Attached Files: