Register now to get rid of these ads!

Things your kids say

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirty2, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Dirty2

Dirty2

Danyelle (DirtyPrincess) has been around hot rods all her life and pretty much eats and sleeps around them . Well I have really been noticing the things she says. She got a new hot wheel the other day , with her on money and she read jalopy on the bottom , and she gos " its like Ryans Jalopy Journal ". I was on the phone talking to Robert (a 31 mofo ) and she asks" who was that " i say robert and she replys " Mofo ? " . In fact she knows most of her hot rod friends names , wifes , kids , and screen names . and she is also a pretty good mechanic .
    Whats some funny things your hot rod kids say ?

2. My 10 year old grandson has started referring to my '38 Ford pickup as "my truck." I keep telling him that it will be someday, but he's got to wait for me to croak first.

3. My son, Tim, was handicapped and had the developmental age of about 6. But, from being around me and my friends at garages, cruises, and the track, learned to love "old cars". He would even notice early 80's square-bodied cars on car lots or in traffic and point them out to me.

Attached Files:

4. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

My oldest took a shine to my 49 pickup I got in a trade. Except he likes "shiny cars" not "dirty cars". I was going to sell it, until he got REALLY upset and crying about how he want's the truck. Looks like I'm keeping the truck....
    He also calls all fenderless cars "Model A coupes" probably because that's all I've been talking about.

5. Big Tony

Big Tony

Hailey my five year old girls calls the 54 the "old car" and keeps asking when the 30 the "old old car" will be running

6. Alex Yohnk

Alex Yohnk

Sophie, my two and a half year old was drawing while I was feeding my 6 month old son. I asked her what she was drawing and she replied, "a hot rod". Then she says, "I'm going to drive a hot rod when I get bigger... and get a boy too."

She also says, "Kustoms are for gettin' chicks, hot rods are for scarin' 'em away." But she thinks "chicks" refers to chickens.

7. my nephew is 1 &1/2 and when asked "how does uncle chucks truck go" he will reply rumm rumm -i had him out in the shop a few weeks a go gave him a 1/4 in ratchet and let him get dirty :)

8. Ben, my 11 year old grandson, texted me yesterday, which was a first for him and for me, as I aint into texting...but....he gets on and says " hey, grandpa, saw some really cool hot rods on my way over to Moms today, and I thought about you." Is that cool or what! Its rubbing off and taking hold!!! :):)

9. We call our youngest girl ""The Repeater"" When she was about 6 years old she could repeat anything she heard. So we watch the movie Christmas Vacation right. Let's just say she knows when the Shitter's Full and Danny Kay is her favorite Tap Dancer >>>>.

10. My Sophie(6) is turning into my hotrod girl. She "spots" pickups, hotrods, roadsters, motorcycles etc before her 2 sisters and me lots of times when we are on the road.
    I wish I could remember some of the cool stuff she has said.:eek:
    The pic is of her actually helping me for the first time about 2 years ago. Somehow she new which way was tight BEFORE I told her:eek::cool::cool::D.
    [​IMG]

11. robt500

robt500
    from Lex, KY

"All this racket gives me a headache" says my daughter. 4 at the time. Shorty headers, no mufflers then.

12. moparcory617

moparcory617
    from tuttle ok

my little girl 5 at the time,found out chop me cut the top of and lower she cried for two hours straight cause she dont want me to cut him up.. she has named all my autos lol her little brother dont like my ugly trucks he likes shiney ones and want to know why i call them new when they look like they do.

13. c10addict

c10addict

I work for a BMW dealer and get a demo so there is alway a brand new BMW at the house.. My future 8 year old step daughter asks to take the 64,she calls him Rusty, everytime we go somewhere.. She is pissed If I say we haveto take the BMW.... Smart Kid..

14. jj mack

jj mack

My 4 year old daughter yelled, "MOM you almost hit that red f%$&ing car!!!"

15. H3O

H3O

hope my future kids turn out that way!:D

16. MissPrint

MissPrint

No kids of my own, but my nephews (OZ, 6 and Tyler, 8) "help" out all the time.

One afternoon, when OZ was about 5, and my brother had his head in the engine compartment, doin' a tune-up on the family mini-van, OZ climbed up on the bumper, put his arm on my brother's shoulder and shook his head slowly, and said, "Shiiiiiiiit. Dayuuuuum. Bet that's gonna cost you." :D

17. BBobb

BBobb

While riding down the road in my Model A my 14 yr old little girl will often ask,daddy are we safe is this thing going to fall apart with us in it.And the next thing out of here mouth is what's wrong with these seat belts????.....I have the lap belts...Go figure

18. My 4yo daughter came out Fri. evening while I welding and yelled "Dad, you're using the electricity too fast!!!!" I asked why and she told me that the lights in the house were flickering every time I ran a bead. She also likes it when my Merc goes "Shhhhhhh" (airing out the bags).

19. Mopar34

Mopar34

My daughter used to always tells me "when you go, so does the hot rod. You don't expect me to be seen in that do you?? " :eek::D

Now that she is older she wants it to go cruising on Saturday nights.:eek:

Lucky for me I have it reserved for Sunday's thru Saturday's.:cool:

20. c10addict

c10addict

Im sure when she is 16 that will change... I'll try to Jam her in an old C10 I have and she will tell me she doesn't want that piece of shit.. So I am enjoying it for now...

21. BlackMagicKustoms

BlackMagicKustoms
    from Denton,TX

My five year old Brooklyn-BelAir ( yes her real whole first name) took apart a 54 bel air model and a 53 ford model. Flipped the bumpers from the 53 upside down and put them on the Bel Air and says look dad that's better. I've never shown her a car with that done nor did I tell her to do it. She's got a great mind for parts. I have a 64 sedan DeVille and when it got wrecked last fathers day she was more upset than me. She says when she gets older she wants a big cadillac to " go slow in" and a car like "the purple car" to go fast in. And she gets mad when the teachers say it's ok to just write Brooklyn on her papers.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  22. c10addict

c10addict

That Kicks Ass!

23. HA HA HA!!!!! I fell outa my chair after reading this!!!!!!!!!:D:D That's damn funny!!!!!!!

24. 5 year old neighbor commenting on my blue 59 Fury, "MR Jack, that car looks like a SHARK."

25. banjorear

banjorear

Almost daily, my 5 1/2 year old son asks me,"When is the roadster going be done?" I'll often catch him fiddling with the carbs. or the front end. He keeps his skateboard inside the car. I think it is just a ploy to have to go into the car. I'm not complaining.

He is a good kid.

26. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I was checkin' out the newest R&C. Dig the red Model A coupe. Frankie points at the tires bigger than hell and says "But Dad, jive white tires."

27. H3O

H3O

yeah she won't want it. she'll want a riceburner with big subs and a coffee can muffler with shopping cart handle.:mad:
    i'd enjoy it for now too.:cool:

28. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

My nephew, Jacob, is 3-1/2 and every time I see him he asks if he can go see the "cool car". I live about 1-1/2 hours away from him and my sister (his mom) and every time I make a trip up there she asks if I'm going to drive the Galaxie.

He loves riding in it and when we walk up to it he'll ask if he can touch the tire. I always say "sure, go ahead!" He'll reach down and touch the spider caps. It's pretty funny - I'm not sure if it's the shiny chrome that he likes or the shape of the spider cap. :D

My sister says that he's always pointing out shiny wheels on other cars, too. Quite the little guy... :) He's even left-handed, like me, not that it really means anything, but I think it's cool.

Good thread!

Malcolm

29. Get her turnin wrenches asap, it might make the difference when the time comes. Maybe Barbie needs a Hot Rod too.

Attached Files:

30. hemi

hemi

My six year old says: 'Burnouts are bad for the car, good for the soul.'