Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Things I Saw at the Monterey Pre-Historic Races

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4woody, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

Oh baby that's nice. Unrestored and black plates.

2. The ERA pictured is owned and driven by Greg Whitten. I don't know which model the car is. It didn't run as good as it looks. Whitten parked it for the full week; and didn't start the following week at the Historics; so obviously he broke something big. There was another ERA, a dark green one (again, I don't know the model). It went very quickly at the hands of a hired gun from Ireland. But, at the Pre Historics, it crapped out; allowing me to inherit third place. However, at the Historics, the ERA finished second. I dropped out on the second lap with fuel contamination problems

3. raceready

raceready

295 cubic inch ford, which I must humbly say was built by me, fast time and race winner at the historic,s kicking all that exotic euro stuff in the process. The Kurtis Midget pictured is also one of my efforts, it is set up for circuit racing with a ford v8 60 engine, tilton multi plate clutch, on board starter, 6 spd sequential transmission, has been successful with Mark Sange behind the wheel, our next race is at Infineon raceway september. cheers.

4. raceready

raceready

Great drive for third place, driver of E.R.A chassis R2A is Paddins Dowling of san francisco area, to the best of my knowledge is a U.S citizen. Car owner is Mary Smith of Carmel, they actualy ran low on fuel in the pre historic,s.John Kerr is that you?
    Mike Ryan.

5. raceready

raceready

6. thank you for the pics - love the detail shots, especially appreciate the alfas

couldn't make it down this year as i was under my truck much of the weekend working on the brakes and rear end, getting the rear wheels set up etc...

7. 4woody

4woody

Which car has your 295 Ford? I'm confused..

The Midget was cool. and I especially liked the display that told the history. I think that for those of us without a lot on knowledge those displays really make an event more fun & interesting.

9. Frank36

Frank36

Very nice photos, thanks.

10. Jim-Bob

Jim-Bob

Some really cool machinery...
    BTW, that jack, the Brunnhoelzi, is a really, really expensive jack (you wouldn't expect a Harbor Freight cheapie THERE, would ya?) that are used by a majority of high-dollar racing teams...

11. raceready

raceready

Thank,s for the kudos John, my ego is growing by the minute. For those that don,t know, old dawg stands on the gas and drive,s the snot out of his Miller Ford sprint car. Many a toffee nosed road racer has seen the tail end of his beauty.

12. raceready

raceready

4 woody,
    Glad you liked the midget, a pretty cool story for sure. We will be racing it at Infineon raceway 26-27th september. The 295 cubic inch ford is the Manning special owned by John Streets, it is the picture just showing a view of the engine area, wilson and wood cylinder heads and triple carb set up. great photos of the event and I hope you enjoyed the weekend.

13. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

14. 30 Buford

30 Buford
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great Photos! I think I'm going to have take a trip to Lime Rock on Labor day.Its not even close to Monterey ,but its always a good take.