Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Thieves Stolen Parts UPDATE!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FuelFC, May 2, 2010.

1. FuelFC

FuelFC

So in talking with the Boss (Ryan) after the last thread I put up that got all shitty and he had to take it down here is an update.

We shall recap a little and let you know what happened in our little break in here in North Texas.

Please keep all the politcal commentarty and "I'd _____ his ______ then rape his _______ type thug things off this thread. Start your own for that please.

I had to post kind of cryptically in the notice thread that was up a few weeks ago as the person who had stolen our race parts totaling very well north of $75K (not a typo) was hearing exactly what was being posted here and we were fairly sure...ok we knew exactly who it was.

Once again it IS/WAS NOT A HAMBER OR KNOWN ASSOCIATE and it was never ever insinuated that it was. REPEAT NOT! NEVER, EVER. Don't even go down that road again.

Had one or two friends here and two other places passing the messages on for us. Thanks to those who helped you know your worth and who you are. I/we appreciate it and you have and will be further taken care of.

We tried to give this low lif... err fine example of evolutional cesspool rejection a chance to save his ass, name, prison, embarassment... and fun date in Bubba's cell. He declined the offer. Hello Huntsville! Nice this time of year.

Oh and to the two who cared to take previous thread way off the map he is WHITE. Like it F%$*&#@ mattered. YOu can apologize to the other races someday.

PARTS STATUS: Most of the parts have been found and are safe. The rest will show up as we go forward. The US Marshall's had to be involved to get movement on the deal. Locals didn't really care until that happened. Then boom "hey we're here to help"

He sold over $75K of parts for around a little over $1,000 near as we can figure.

Now I would like to re-state some hints from those who have been hit more than once and found their stuff.

1) Know everyone who comes to your shop, garage, house, property etc! Or have someone who can and will vouch for them.
    2) Put up a sign in book and get all of their information from DL, complete address...etc. If they balk or don't like it tell em to take a hike.
    3) Trust NO one!
    4) Take digital pictures of all your crap.
    5) ID marks. Everything you value mark it. (oops Mr. Thief you missed those huh?)
    6) Keys issued. Know where they are and who they are with or just don't give any out.
    7) Camera system and tell no one, not even yourself!
    8) Trust NO one!
    9) Put all the good stuff under cover.
    10) Get a good alarm system and use it.
    11) Tell everyone who does come in if anything goes missing you will ask them first.
    12) If your local PoPo won't do anything go higher!
    13) Look everywhere for your stuff. Some of ours was at a swap meet by the receiver of goods.
    14) Look at every way to get into your stuff and fix the problems.
    15) Get someone you know well and can mostly trust to try and get in or point out where your waek points are and fix them.

Four times so far I have been the receiving party to a shop break in/theft. (Found em all). Most shop stuff is planned. Vehicles and street type stuff is pure opportunity harder to find.

Take no prisioners and stop at nothing in questioning everyone who ever was there or even heard about the place.

And move fast as fast as you can when you find out something is gone. Faster!

Never give up until you find the parts or who did it.

Everytime in every deal I know of in a major theft/cleanout it was someone who knew what was there.

Again thanks to Ryan and everyone on here for the help.

2. well stated! Hope things work out for you in the best light possible,and as for the bad guy (s) well it will come around on him............

3. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Excellent advise . Thanks

Hope it all keeps working out in your favor.

4. Out of curiosity, how were you able to get the Marshals involved? It seems that when you read of this sort of thing, over and over, the local authorities don't do much (or, that's the perception of the storyteller, at any rate).

Good on you guys for tracking the stuff down. Hopefully no unnatural acts (of any type) were committed with the parts. :D

5. FuelFC

FuelFC

Pick up the phone and be willing to go the distance. Up to and including pressing charges or lawsuits. Whatever the hell it takes!

We have some extra things here in TX as to pushing for getting things done too. And use every damn conection you have or can find.

No acts that we know of...

6. winr

winr
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey FueLFC.

Great news !! :)

Hope you get 100% of your stuff back.

I was always told...watch the friends of your friends....

Ricky.

7. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

Glad to hear your getting your stuff back

8. Glad you have caught the culprit and he's off to a well deserved vacation in scenic huntsville , and to cell mate Bubba enjoy your new found friend!!

9. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Never could understand people who steal things and have no sympathy for them - and yes, they come in all shapes, sizes and colors. The worst of the bunch wear suits, but the common thief is no better.

10. indyjps

indyjps

Glad you got it worked out and your parts returned

Yep, ive been moved into my building over a year, my best friend, my parents, and one other good friend Ive known for 20 yrs have been the only people inside ( I bought the lot from him and he owns the business across the street) I dont open the overhead when I work, just the windows. The windows are 8 ft off the ground to make it difficult to look in. just a plain grey steel building, nothing outside car related.

I always thought it was funny when guys hung the corvette / Chevy etc signage (corvette parking only etc) on their garages basically advertising what was in there.

11. torchmann

torchmann
    BANNED
    from Omaha, Ne

I had a 6 bay shop in north Omaha and had 2 guys working out of it. Nothing fancy just a place to play and do cheap jobs for people with little to spend
    There is heavy gang activity in the area and I was keen to have people I knew in by appointment and kept the shop incognito from the office where the customer's friends waited while my customer got to go back into the special zone to check out the progress and powow.
    Some of the customers were bangers and we made sure they got more than they expected and the crackheads never hit the shop in the 2 years I was there.
    Why that neighborhood?
    My family homesteaded farmland there when Omaha was young and have been in business there as long

Earlier in my life, I was in with a couple guys when I was 18 and we had a shop downtown in a heavy crime drug and alcoholic neighborhood and learned some good karma goes along way
    We got hit at the 6 bay shop, not a tragic loss like that but the aftermath really pointed out who it was like a signature...
    Lazy- few thousand dollars in tools left laying around not taken. Mine were locked up in the tool room which was not broken into.
    Juvenile and obvious- all that was taken was all the smallblock chevy hi-po stuff and the stereos were jacked from the customer's cars and we only knew one guy who was into both had nice stuff and didn't work.
    I'm know for a fact he was shitting bricks afterward and I'm sure he punished himself
    I'm about 90% sure who it was but whattaya gonna do?
    Really... I'm an ex con and not withstanding that fact everybody feels like they want to do certain things in those situations but that's instinct and were men.
    We don't follow instinct we live by rules or we don't get to be a part of society.
    I'd like to give props for y'all doing the right thing and handling it the right way. It's hard.

12. Irrational Metalworks

Irrational Metalworks
    Alliance Vendor
    from DFW

Glad you found them. Now bring your ID and your butt out here and buy me lunch!

13. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

Another tip, No company name on your building or business trucks. Just phone numbers in your advertising. The people that you want will get there with a phone call.

14. Shit like this can happen anywhere, couple weeks ago in town here we had 84, yes 84 units broken into in one night! This was an organized spree that was planned by 18 & 19 year olds, over 16 people involved. A customer that I'm doing some metal fab and powdercoat work for had his shop broken into they took only certain items. All his tools, custom parts, $800 ram air set up, custom one off air cleaner I built for him, didnt even leave him with a screwdriver! Over $10,000 out of his shop alone! One shop the guy had a complete 454 motor stolen. These guys were after certain items. 2 members from a local biker club had their units broken into, word had it that they put out a "hit" on who ever broke into their units! Cops got wind of it because it was floating around the internet and there was talk on there website about it. The guy were doing work for that had his stuff swiped stopped by the shop on saturday and told me all the guys involved have been arrested. About 95% of his stuff has been recovered. Cops found his tool chest in one of the thieves garage, the thieve even organized the tools in the box to the way he wanted them! So they weren't pawning this stuff off they were using it for their own! At least the little bastards got caught!

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  15. Sjiefaa

Sjiefaa
    from Holland

Glad this got taken care of the right way. Stuf can swiftly snowball in a direction you don't want it to...

Great you found your stuf back!

16. I'm thinking of all sorts of clever comments regarding this thief.

But I'll just keep it to myself and say I'm glad you got your stuff back.:D

17. SHRUM

SHRUM

+1! glad you gotta some back. Was begining to wonder..

18. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Was definitely wondering about this story. Super to hear that there is an ending better than a worse case scenario. Still stinks to have to take the time and effort to chase your stuff down. Good tips. Thanks for taking the time to point out what might help someone else.

19. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Glad to hear that most of the parts have been found and are safe...

20. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

glad this ended with the perpitrator caught ,and stuff being returned , it s nice to hear a good outcome once in awhile

21. gregsrt

gregsrt

High Plains Drifter--- those guys must have been real geniuses. Who in their right mind steals from a biker? Someone with a death wish. To the OP glad to hear justice will be served.

22. mikeco

mikeco
    from virginia

Thanks for the update! Good to hear you got the stuff back. I figured you would under the circumstances. You gave them every chance to do the right thing to bad they refused to accept it.

23. red baron

red baron
    from o'side

Glad you got your parts back! Now if we can just get everyone elses parts and cars back too!

24. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Thank you for the info.

25. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Glad to see one of these stories finally have a happy ending!

26. FuelFC

FuelFC

UPDATE....

Well a good portion of parts that were at one place listed for sale are back in shall we say "custody" of the proper owners. Thanks to Judge and US Marshal's. Took all of 10 minutes in court yesterday.

Perp is in jail on this and unrelated issue hopefully learning a few things about life and deciding if he would like to reduce his already lengthy trip down 45 to the 'Really Big House'. (he won't do well in GenPop LOL)

Again thanks to everyone and please keep the eyes peeled at swap meets and other places in your travels. We are still missing some things like really oddball heads, pistons, blowers...etc. (you can't use it on the street type stuff, trust me on this) but we think most of that is still hidden away. He isn't talking just yet but we figure after some cuddling he might want to open up...:D

If we find any of it it first we keep pressing charges. If he finally gives it up we might not keep pressing charges, tough decision (cough cough), tough decision. He was given 3 opportunities to return and decided to not do it.

Thanks again to everyone for the patience and understanding of what we had to do and how we had to do it.

27. jscoma47

jscoma47

Thats good to hear.. hopefully the dirtball gets what he deserves where he is going.

28. It sucks to be ripped off but am glad that you were able to use the system to your advantage and nab the scum.