Register now to get rid of these ads!

They're alive!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rusty Heaps, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

After nearly loosing my '46 Chevy and '55 Pontiac due to some wiseacre calling city codes on me I get the last laugh. I repainted the upper on the Pontiac, got the '46 running, got the '50 Chevy running and am now in the clear with the codes official who thought it a waste of his time to be bothered with my cars when there are more pressing matters such as overgrown lots, cobbled together shacks, etc within sight of my drive. So needless to sday, I've been excedingly busy the past couple of months. Now to bleed brakes and other things and i should have three cars to choose from this late summer or fall.

2. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

well done. Those snoopy neighbours probably drive a new Prius which has a higher carbon footprint than your cars.

3. brad chevy

brad chevy

Way to maintain.

4. birdman42

birdman42

Be sure to let your nieghbors know how much you love them.

5. Fugly Too

Fugly Too

Tag 'em and park 'em out front!

I used to drag all my stuff out of the garage every Saturday when my dickhead neighbor was trying to sell their house. That evening I'd push it all back inside.

Worked good too. A gearhead brought the place.;)

6. Fenders

Fenders

Well some good come of it. your snoopy neighbors got your ass in gear :D

7. Now that is funny! I would have bought the place knowing another car nut lived close by. :D

8. cheveey57

cheveey57

X 2 and leave 'em in front of there house rotating them as nessasary.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  9. atomickustom

atomickustom

There used to be a guy lived down the road from my parents, had a yard full of cars. Maybe a dozen total, mostly '60s Pontiacs. Some neighbor called on him. In my town any car that wasn't registered had to be hidden. So he registered every one of them and put license plates on all of them.
    Probably set him back $35 per car (in 1984 dollars) but it cracked me up every time I drove by those dilapidated, dirty, rusty cars sitting on flat tires with nice new shiny license plates mounted on them!

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you have more than one visible from the street shuffle them around and turn one around once in a while just so they all look like they have been driven in the past couple of days. That makes it look like you are driving all of them on a regular basis and screws with the minds of anyone who is watching the house and trying to figure out your schedule. And if and when you have them up and running drive a different one to work a couple of times a week so no one can guess who's home and who's not.

11. bangngears

bangngears
    from ofallon mo

Fugly Too,why would you not want a dickhead neighbor to sell?You would be rid of him and can start training the new neighbors.Just a thought,but know the feeling of being able to screw with him.

12. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

There was a jerk neighbor next door to Grandma's house (where I had my rear garage and cars...buds hung out there...)

This neighbor must have had the cops on speed dial (in 1957???)

One night, someone lifted the cap off their sewer cleanout, right at their front hedge.
    Some sort of stuff fell down in there, (4" cast iron pipe) and then was packed down with something...the man that dug the sidewalk up said it looked like the way they used to pack the powder charge in the 16" guns aboard the Battlewagons in WWll!
    He'd never seen anything like it.

The neighbors moved after a few more incidents. All kinds of stuff happened to that house...

13. Fugly Too

Fugly Too

Well...............

If you MUST know.

He had a wife a freight train would've chased down a dirt road..........:p

Plus he ended up taking a lowball offer and lost money on the thing. Game-Set-Match. Then he put the city on my ass..so I moved! Built a 4-3-8:eek:

Attached Files:

14. Deuces

Deuces

Cool! Have him sign up on here... :D

15. It's a shame what this country has come to and what you cannot do on your own property, thank goodness where I live we do not have to deal with this kind of crap.

16. I'd salute the neighbor each morning... Tell him you think he's #1!!!

17. You guys are a crack up! You always manage to give me a laugh. Glad you aint my neighbour tho! Heheh

18. outlaw256

outlaw256

we have a few old cars in the yard. (we live in the country).my house sits way back from the road. so my shops are the first two buildings you see when you come down a 400 ft blacktop drive.we keep them neatly lined up until their turn in the shop.our nieghbor on the otherhand. has late model junk all over his yard and lives in a rundown trailer. hes always callim the law on us for one reason or the other. not long ago he threaten me . told me i had better get my gun because he had his on him, all this while my grandson who is 5 was standing with me in the yard by the road . qwe were going to burn some leaves in a ditch which runs past his house. he didnt want the ashes from our burn to stop up his side of the ditch.i told him if he wanted to die to get ready. then i went to the house with my grandson.left him inside and i started out the door with a gun. my wife stopped me. about the time she calmed me down enough to talk here comes the law. mr idiot called the laaw and told them i was going to stop up his ditch! i told them about him threating to shoot me and i also told them i would kill him if he came near me. the law asked me what the hell was wrong with him. said i didnt know but i would send him to hell if he came near me. law told me to do what i had to do to stay safe.evwen if it meant i had to put him in the ground. also told me to get cameras for the yard. to back me up if it came to that. and also to catch him, doing shit to our stuff.still waiting for the shit to fly. i hate to live like this but i wont be pushed.never.

19. Terrible Tom

Terrible Tom

I agree. I have neighbors who have junky yards, (not auto related), but I figure it's none of my business as it's their property. I live in the country and unfortunately there are neighbors who have moved here from the city and feel that they should bring their "city ways" with them. I think they need to stick that up their a$$ and will gladly tell them so.
    Tom

20. I have lived in my home across the street from Lake Hartwell for almost 40 years and when I bought my place all the houses in this area were small weekend getaway type properties.

Time passed and most of the waterfront homes were razed and new bigger and fancier homes were built.

One home across the street looks like a castle from the lake,,most of the homes are over a half a million,,the castle is listed for a more.

Now to the point,I live on a circle and for almost a year I went through a lot of crap with one of my new neighbors constantly calling the codes department on me about my side lot and how all the trees were blocking his view of the lake,,but his biggest complaint was my 1930 Model A with a tree growing through it mostly hidden from the main road in my side yard.

This clown couldn't see the car unless he went the long way around the block.

The property is well manicured,with trees ,scrubs and flowers and plants.

I applied for and was approved to received a Backyard Wildlife Sanctuary which approves of bird baths,water gardens & lawn sculpture.

Guess what,,the car falls into the category of lawn sculpture,,Mr. Dick Head was visited by the building and codes enforcement officer after they received a copy of my paper work and he has been as quiet as a mouse ever since.:D HRP

[​IMG]

21. power wagon

power wagon

wow glad i live up here , no neighbors ,no problems,my closet neighbor a mile away, if i had neighbors,i would be in the same boat as you guys

22. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

That will show them...

23. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Exactly why I loved living in West Virginia !!!!
    Cheers......

24. If you don't have an old car in your yard in WVA, the State furnishes one for you! :D

25. belair

belair

That's big WIN right there.

26. Sounds like someone had something like this planed: http://urbangrounds.com/2011/02/texas-tall-tale/

27. alchemy

alchemy

Better watch out. I have a buddy who lives in a small town, and the Mayor complained about his old car in front of the shop. Buddy turned his old Plymouth sedan into "lawn scuplture" too, and shortly thereafter he was elected the new Mayor.

28. I do that all the time. I finally met the neighbor down the street too.....helped him install some seat belts in his old pontiac. He thought we had about 10 people living here.....nope just me...:p

29. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

You spend you money to buy your dream home and you spend your money paying the taxes and then some guy comes along and starts telling you what you can and cannot do with your property!!!!!!!!!!!

Some towns are much worst then others with code enforcement.

I have always liked what the New Hampshire license plate say's

"Live Free or Die"

I must admit I do not have a great deal of patients with someone telling me what I can and cannot do I my property.

Jimbo

30. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

I have 12 cars a 36' motorhome,2 travel trailers and 8 bikes, both dirt and street variety. My neighbor has a HUGE steel building to house his semi tractor. He is building a 6' wall aroung his acre so he wont see my cars and the neighbor's grandkids playing makin noise. I told him if he'd given me the money he spent on the wall he coulda bought all my cars, or I coulda got em running and painted.
    I love rural.