Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods They say a 2 year old can post pictures, how about a 62 year old

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 0NE BAD 51 MERC, Mar 7, 2018.

1. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

[​IMG]These are pictures of my friend Chucks 34. He bought it as a red, tan tweed, billet wheel wonder in 1996 . In 2005 it was ready for a redo. Lets just say it was in a lot worse shape than one might think. I rebuilt , replaced , repainted and upholstered most every thing. Because of all the unforeseen problems, cost and other life situations including me selling my big hot rod shop and going back to working for others in 2007 this became an on and off project. it has been back on the road since 2008 but the interior was not done. Last winter I finally did the interior and last summer Chuck an I took it to back to the 50's for the first time since 2005 . Chuck found out He has Parkinsons a few years ago and getting in an out of the 34 was hard. He had the 34 at a show this fall and a guy with a older build but nice 57 hardtop offer a trade and since he can get in and out of the 57 a lot better so he took it. My idea of a tradition style hot rod. Larry

SUNP0079 (1).JPG SUNP0080 (1).JPG SUNP0081 (1).JPG SUNP0083 (1).JPG SUNP0084 (1).JPG SUNP0077 (1).JPG SUNP0075 (1).JPG SUNP0074 (1).JPG

2. mcsfabrication

mcsfabrication
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool car. Shame about your buddy with the Parkinson's.
    But I thought I was gonna finally find out how to post pictures.

catdad49 and Jalopy Joker like this.
  3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

nice ride but, ya gotta do what ya gotta do when life throws you a curve ball - for a old guy - Ha! - your pics look pretty good

0NE BAD 51 MERC likes this.
  4. Good looking car,we are all getting older and some times you have to make sacrifices to be able to continue to enjoy our passion,physical limitations dictate what one has to do to travel in relative comfort,entering and exiting a 5 window is tight compared to a 57. HRP

5. Those are beautiful flame colors & layout.:cool:

6. Nice looking 5 window.
    Vic

7. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

That's a nice 34! I hope the 57 Chevy was a real high quality looker for such a trade.

8. studebaker46

studebaker46

If you done all of that work you should be proud. I wish your buddy well dealing with something like this Tom

9. catdad49

catdad49

This is a great redo, I hope your friend got to enjoy it! You both should be Proud (and maybe a little sad). If the '57 is HAMB friendly, could you share some pics?

10. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Thanks Guys. The only things I do not do is engine machine work and chrome plating . The 57 was built in the late 80s from a very straight and solid Bel Air hardtop. We had the 34 for sale for quite awhile and it show a lot of interest but no one ever bellied up to the bar. I guess a basicly fresh build was not worth 25,000.00. Sadly with the 20 grand he paid for it when he bought it and what the rebuild cost he had over 40 in it. But he is happy with the 57 and the other guy is happy with the 34 and that's all that really matters. Larry

catdad49 likes this.
  11. 1pickup

1pickup

Looks good Larry. Sorry to hear about Chuck. I didn't know you did upholstery too. I dabble in it, but won't do it for someone else. I am a pro at nothing. We need to start getting the local guys together once in while. It's always hard to find time in the schedule, but some semi-regular get together would be fun.

12. firingorder1

firingorder1

]

Simple. Go to imageshack.com Its easy to set up an account. Easy to load pictures and resize them for forums. I'm a computer neanderthal. So if I ca figure it you sure as hell can too.