Register now to get rid of these ads!

They just don,t get it

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Big Dan, Sep 28, 2006.

1. AaronP

AaronP
    from Hooker, OK

You are dead on Dirty2. I feel the same way.

2. Eddiesixem

Eddiesixem

well heres my little rant
    well i must say on this topic....im 25 and have been into old cars customs and hotrods since....well for as long as i can remember which would be about 2 years old.....and i do not understand all this new wave bull shit...with the imported shit....i drive a newer chevy pickup as my work/shop truck and still feel ashamed that i know alot of it was made in fucking japan or mexico..and sent to america to be assembled...i cant stand it....theres no pride in "american made" anymore...and frankly...one of the many reasons i love the traditional stuff is because it comes from a time when being and driving an american was something to be proud of and not the burden people make it out to be. These days...its american history that i feel i most identify with...i am facinated at the skill and craftsmanship of the early days of hot rodding....16 year olds with their gow jobs, assembling fast cars from junk yards and one off parts with inginuty...these days most of these kids in these ricer shit boxes , buy plastic kits to pop rivit to the bodys,throw 10 gallons of bondo on it, and a cold air intake..and a shit sputter can on the exaust..and think they know everything about a car...my god...people are under the asumption these days that imported is better....SAD!!....And the domestic brands arent making it any better for them selves by out sourcing and copying all this shit from japan not to mention the fact theres no soul in the auto industry and hasnt been since the late 70s any more.......im still a young man and still think to myself...most kids today just dont get it .......and i hate to see where the country will be in 25 more years...with the mentality of people walking blindly to the fact there isnt alot of pride in american made any more...
    half way to 3rd world and ran by japan and the middle east probably.....

sorry about the rant and if i offended any one but this is a subject i've been heavy on latlyi for one will not ever find any of this new wave bullshit in any way interesting or "cool"
    ....i may not be right ...but thats my opinion

and most of this doesnt just include cars any more....i do more than cars...but cars are my main source of enthusiam.

Richard D likes this.
  3. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

READ THIS I'm a young guy but also born into hot rods and drag racing. I use to build low rider trucks when I was younger but I always had hot rodding in my blood. I wanted to build hot rods my whole life.

The problem today is that this hobby is so expensive that it turns most people away. Thanks to ebay it makes it easier to find parts. The H.A.M.B. is the only way I know to spread the hot rod tradition.

Any way one day It just came to me and I said to my self JUST DO IT ALREADY. I'm glad that I built low riders before it gave me somthing to practice on. I'm glad that the younger generation is still into cars mabe not in the same way but it is our job as H.A.M.B.ers to keep hot rodding alive. I know I am trying and it is not an easy task. I may not know every thing about hot rodding but at leased I am trying to learn.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015