Register now to get rid of these ads!

They call this fixed?/ Much better now.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sir Woosh, Apr 28, 2012.

1. rdemilt

rdemilt
    from so florida

As is.... No flames

2. First of all, glad you've got the car back to where you're happy with it. The two -tone without the flames looks best to me, but it all comes down to what makes you happy.

3. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Im with the paint the roof and rear quarters white crowd with no flames.................

4. Looks like a cartoon with the flames n looks bad ass with out but what do i know! Now enjow your car!

5. nukeman

nukeman
    from Michigan

Why put straight lines on a curved car?
    Go with the flow.

[​IMG]

6. nukeman

nukeman
    from Michigan

7. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

Looks better without the flames.....

8. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Up to you woosh....looks good both ways, but I have to say I do like the 2 tone. The 55 Chevy I had 28 years I started with white over red....bored with it in 2 years. Went to flames over black....stuck with that for 16 years....then the body work started showing some age so went with new 1/2 quarters and went all black....it was like that for the last 10 years I owned it....paint is easy to change, try the 2 tone....just stay away from white over black or we will put a Highway Patrol star on the door and call you "Broderic Crawford" !!!!

9. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

I agree!

10. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

I really like that look in post#60. That is one sweet looking ride.

11. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Thanks for the photo shop ideas Nukeman! I tossed around a few similar ideas, but had to settle on something quick to get it painted.

I really laid out the two tone to accept the flames again, but the overwelming response has been to nix them for now. I was going to go over that paint lap at the end of the chrome with one more slender flame lick to tie it together, but.

I'll probably just do some subtle pin stripping for now and leave it till I get bored and need to change up again.

Don't freak out if you see some wide whites on it in a pic. I throw them on now and then to suite the event I'm going to. Certainly won't do burn outs or drag on them......

Attached Files:

12. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

[​IMG]Better pic...............

13. 48stude

48stude

I like the twotone look . Just my .02 cents Bill

14. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

Sorry, I had to...
    [​IMG]

15. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

keep it simple.

no flames, no stripes.

if you want the subtle, Saturday go-racing look, then no flames, no stripes, no www.

and maybe paint the traction bars black.

then sneak up on somebody and blow their doors off.

btw, I like the chrome wheels with blackwalls. I have some dark center five spokes that would look tits on the front, then black steelies on rear.

glad it is all fluffed up and back on the road!

16. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

No need to apologize, I'm always interested in other ideas. You know what they say? Two heads are better than one. 1 million Hamb heads are even better. Just barely, but still better.....lol

17. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

That's exactly what I was thinking Bobwop! Have been looking for the right spokes for the front, but haven't found them yet. I was thinking a dark gray on them.

Kinda hate to have the disc brakes showing through from behind the wheels, but maybe I'm being too picky.........

18. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

less is more, the two tone is enough already

19. Less is more, maybe a small amount of striping and that's it. Really got too much going on with the 2-tone thing and the chrome strip down the side to add anything too involved.

Bob

20. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

Has anyone said no flames yet?

21. I think your traction bars need to hide by being painted black. I like the new look. No one seems to read, kind of funny, kind of sad. love the car!

22. looks cool without the flames

23. Mark68

Mark68

i'm just happy to see you able to go out and enjoy it again, whatever you decide with the paint.

24. tjet

tjet
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Just a little more attitude with dropped springs :D

Attached Files:

25. 363Door

363Door

Whoosh, looks good, glad that the insurance company did the right thing. Like the idea of some suttle pinstriping to highlight around the Olds emblem on hood and around/above the deck lid lock. The picture above by TJET with the lower stance
    looks great also. Onearmed Bandit told me he would be at Latamore for the showdown as its one of his favorite shows. I recently bought some artwork from him,
    does great work!

26. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

[​IMG]

Kinda hate to show this Tjet as it's not exactly traditional, but the 55 cruises along pretty good already........ I'm set as far as I want to go for the street. Thanks again for the ideas!

27. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

[​IMG]

Is it just me? Or does the black make the WWW tires pop?

I know there's going to be some screaming "NOT WWW AND RED STEELIES AGAIN !" But I'm getting ready for the Jalopy Showdown and it's just like putting the grease on the hair. ( If you still have some)

28. nukeman

nukeman
    from Michigan

If wide whites and hair grease determine if you will be accepted or rejected by the people you hang out with, you're hanging out with the wrong people.

Leave the car the way you like it.

29. Dirk35

Dirk35

I most like your car with the chrome wheels, black walls and the two tone paint. Id clear coat and call it done.