Register now to get rid of these ads!

They call this fixed?/ Much better now.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sir Woosh, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Wanted to update an earlier thread with up to date pics. This way saves having to fan down through nearly 100 replies in the other one.

Got my ride back without much effort to match things very well in the paint department and was told that's all the insurance company would allow. Went up the ladder with my insurance company who I've been with for 27 years and they came back to say whatever it would take to make me happy. Since the tail of the flames were wiped out in the initial repair, I said I would settle for a more even look from nose to tail and take care of redoing the flames myself. This is what I have now.

Now I'm saddled with the question of whether to put the flames back on or not....................

I did get a photo shop done by a good friend to give me an idea.

Attached Files:

2. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

I'm a flame kinda guy & I like it without the flames better....But it is YOUR ride do what YOU want to it.

3. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

in my opinion ,flames dont go with two tone paint jobs.

4. Thirtycoup

Thirtycoup

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

Cleaner without but they look cool with it too...

6. I have sprayed a lot of flames and like them but the first car that I remember that dad had was a 55 olds, black & white, let it alone.

7. I like the new look. Flames are okay, but I'd leave them off for now. You can always add them later.

8. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

It's a great car either way. You asked and I REALLY like it without the flames. Reminded me of the "GREASE" movie car before, not that theres anything wrong with that!:D

9. Nice car. I think that it looks classy in the two tone paint. Flames over the two tone wouldn't look right without changing the wheels and stance. To me flames represent speed, power and maybe a little recklessness. Your car looks too classy for that. You'd be mixing styles in a way that doesn't work for me. Just my opinion of course, it'll be cool either way.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  10. +1 on the "without flames" crowd. I really like the new look! I'm glad that your insurance provider did the right thing for you.

Jim

11. F&J

F&J

Looks nice as is. The new 2 tone makes it stand apart from single color satin black cars, even the ones with flake roofs. Meaning, not better than those, not lesser than those, just a different look.

12. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

I like it without the flames ! But both look pretty cool!

13. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

14. I like the new look without the flames.

15. no flames, takes away from this particular car

16. Flames with the trim running right through the middle look like the afterthought they are. Ad d the two-tone and it just does'nt flow, for me.

Yet, without the flames the car looks great!!!

Cosmo

17. Mercman4life

Mercman4life

I'm definitly a flame kind a guy ,,,But I like your car without the flames better.. Just my 2 Cents..

18. As long as your happy with the results,that's all that matters....If the I C took care of you,I see it all good.Time for photo shop. Maybe something will catch you eye and grow on ya! Either way,glad your gettin taken care of!

19. Jen......

Jen......

looks better without the flames

20. Squablow

Squablow

I'm in with the no flames crowd.

And a tip of the hat to your insurance company who stuck by their customer and got this taken care of properly. Sucks you had to escalate it up the ladder and make some noise to do so, but it's nice to know that in the end they took care of you.

I like the car better now than it was before.

21. VNTGE41

VNTGE41
    from l.a.

22. HamD

HamD

Picture 1 or 3 for me.

23. LabRat

LabRat

Agreed !

24. I guess the court of public opinion has reached a verdict. No flames. I join that crowd. Those flames were lookin' kinda stick-on tape style. I say no flames.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  25. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

NO FLAMES, your ride looks better without IMO. Besides you an always add them later.

26. with the 2 tone i wouldnt flame it it looks good with the 2 tone

27. Those particular flames are too big. IF ...IF those ate the only ones I say no. However I reserve my right until I see a different & smaller flame job.

28. chevpickup

chevpickup
    from Australia

i'm with the no flames crowd, maybe get some subtle striping done if you cant abide by the stock look? It's your car, but i know where your coming from - too many choices!

29. lowelife

lowelife

Two tone, no flames.

30. belair

belair

Since I know you won't do anything until you hear from me, I say no flames. I'm pretty set on mine being black and gold or black and silver. I hope yours looks as good up close as it does in the pics.