Register now to get rid of these ads!

These cars need to be saved

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ga66mopar, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Ga66mopar

Ga66mopar
    from Ga

2. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

the owner needs crushed

3. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Seems to have had a thing for '59 Chevies!

4. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

OMG! Look at all those 59 El Caminos! Crusher???? I'm in tears! :( Anybody that crushes all that stuff should be SHOT!!! I'm never going to understand the crush everything mentality. I took most of my front-drive GM stuff to the crusher and I hated that and that stuff was crap.

5. There is no rust on those cars..........damn

weld on.......

6. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

This should be b posted to attention Canadian Hamb Members.. Im sure theres a few in the Oliver Area.. maybe they can find out whats going on.. Oliver sits in Southern British Columbia a mile or so from the U.S Border.. for the Most part it is Dry there. so Im sure the cars are really decent..

Those Caminos need to be saved..

7. Maybe......

Around here there are MOBILE crushers.....for a bunch of cars like that they will bring the crusher to the cars. Much easier.

I hope someone can help save those cars. Any hambers in that area that can get more info on them?

8. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

It would be foolish to scrap most of those. He could make lots more $$ selling them as is.

9. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

it may not be his choice.. who knows.. But Ive seen better lost to a cleaner world do to laws..

10. Deuces

Deuces

Look at it on the bright side....
    If they get crushed, they'll come back as a prius..:eek:

11. lawman

lawman

That is sooo sad !!!!!

12. Deuces

Deuces

I'll drink too that.... Coffee that is....:D

13. tinsled

tinsled

"These need to be saved" - interesting issue...
    I live in Finland, thus for me this is a hypothetic problem - no any yard collections like this in Finland anymore. Neither do I have any chance to do anything to save crusher-bound cars in BC.

Anyway, what could we do to prevent such "collection" from be crushed?
    I suppose the owner does not want to sell car by car within period of time - too much trouble?
    Neither there will be anybody to buy out all at once and move them somewhere else within days.
    How about gathering "a posse" here at net forum to buy majority of the cars in one day?
    Agree "the targets" and "roles" and contact the owner of the yard and agree a date when a group of individual buyers will meet at the yard, check the cars and pay in cash.

14. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's times like this I realise I am living in the wrong country 'vehicularly'!!

Doc.

15. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

now I know what my wife feels when she tears up during those animal abuse commercials with the Sarah McLaughlin music playing.

16. That '60 Chevy sedan delivery is a rare bird. I've only seen one or two ever.

17. Johnny Chaos

Johnny Chaos

OMG.......I would love to have those 59's

18. I'd crush too if people expected me to sell them for less than the scrap price. And I have on a few occasions, although I usually cut them up for parts first.

19. The37Kid

The37Kid

Location is the killer on that deal, Thanks for posting the photos. Bob

20. Pharouh

Pharouh

' sigh '..... Another stupid hoarder.

He must have collected 59-60 Chevys for a reason.
    He was probably "gonna fix 'em some day" ,since he doesn't like to sell anything.

21. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

If I want to get rid of something I have no problem selling for less then scrap if its going to be used,if they want to buy to scrap hell no as I will do it myself.

22. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah, this all should have been scrapped years ago!!:rolleyes:

Doc.

23. 1931modela

1931modela
    from montana

Im gonna post a link to a pic of a pile of model a's, mostely 32's and say the old guy died and his estate wont sell any of em they're just gonna crush them and give the money to charity..... would you believe me?

24. 1931modela

1931modela
    from montana

Or better yet, the old guys estate is giving the money to lost dogs that dont have clean drinking water in a third world country. Oh ya and they only get one bowl of rice a day... And they are melting down those ugly overpriced bullet shaped headlights that only came on the mayflower!!

25. If you read down the thread on that other board, the guy has been hassled by the town to get rid of the cars and they can in fact be bought - but he's a 59-60 Chevy nut, so those would be the hardest to buy.

I'm all for saving stuff, but I'm no charity, if I'm not paying bills I put my money where my mouth is and go out and save more stuff if I can find it. So if something is going to bring more over the scale, over the scale it's going to go. It's not worth my time to spend a day and $50 in gas to drive out and pick two pieces off someone wants to give me $10 for.

26. May not be just about the money. Try to find out his interests, besides 59 Chevys, and trade some stuff. I traded a "spare" Mossberg shotgun for my '29 RPU.... Just get ready to duck if he already has one....Cheers

27. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

man those photos are heart breaking , so much good scrounging there , its my idea of heaven

28. slammed

slammed

It would be helpful if the straight scoop was told from the owner himself. Intention, price and the absolute truth on each car there.

29. jazzbum

jazzbum

dude's a fool if he doesn't sell. that's more than a little money sitting there. worth way more than scrap.

30. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Island Way Road, Oliver, BC CANADA

check it out on google earth