Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects there still out there, 32 Ford tudor, close but---

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Curt R, Nov 9, 2008.

1. got a call last week about a for sale, MAYBE? a few grand, 32 Ford tudor sitting on a trailer in a town about 30 miles away. Made a mad dash and it definitely was a 32 ford tudor, for once the info was right. A quick look and I saw all garnish molding, all window regulators, all door latches, solid floor, solid wheelwells and sub rails, the bottom 4 inches of the body were still there and no patch panels were needed anywhere. Needed a firewall and header panel. Had some bullet holes and wrinkles. Haven't seen many like this for a long time. Heart rate went up, eyes got a little glassy as I pictured a heavy chop, three pedals and a whining quickchange. Fantasy ended when the seller appeared. I asked where the body came from, he says "laying in a field, out in the Dakotas, sunk in the ground bout 6 or 8 inches, got the farmers front end loader and 6 guys, we drug her out, farmer says its been out there bout 15, 20 years". Showed me the pics, yup stuck in the ground, front end loader and 6 guys. The big question, "how much?", I says, he says, "just looked on ebay, guy in Missouri got one listed, it's at $9500.00, I'll put her on ebay, if she don't sell, we'll talk". Priced me out, without a doubt. Oh well, got to dream a little, was a nice sunny fall Wisconsin day and it's just plain cool to look at old tin and hear the stories.

It sold off of ebay at $6100.00. Hope it went to a hot rod home. Next time I just gotta get there first.

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

saw that one and could kick myself for not bidding...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

I heard there was a local from my area watching it. I have not heard if he got it or not. yea he is one of those billet guys too

4. the seller told me, his reserve was $6000.00, still priced me out of the game.

The 32 sedan that, was on ebay from Missouri, didn't meet reserve at $9600.00, the seller relisted the sedan at "buy it now" at $10,500.00 and some one did hit the "buy it now" button, sold!

Sounds like you have another 32 project in mind.

5. Harms Way

Harms Way

Any friends of Larry want to help him out ? :D

6. Anderson

Anderson

I'll sell you mine for $6100 :D