Register now to get rid of these ads!

There is no stupid question.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by glmke, Feb 20, 2014.

1. glmke

glmke

With that being said. What is the best way to install these
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1392931126.267699.jpg
    On rims. I have a 50 ford with stock rims, center opening is 2-3/4 and I can't seem to find a push through center cap.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Squablow

Squablow

Push-throughs don't seem to work well on stock wheels since the center hub hole is the exact same diameter as the raised center section of the brake drum/hub. The ones you have shown won't cover the whole exposed center hub on the front of the car, but you could screw them to the dust covers.

Otherwise, what I think you want are spider caps, they have a plate to mount them behind the lug nuts, then there's a center bullet that attaches to that plate, and also lug nut covers. Unfortunately they're more expensive than just a generic bullet, but they're designed for what you have in mind.

3. FenixSpeedShop

FenixSpeedShop

Or you could just use chrome dust caps and bullet lug nuts but still not the same thing ... Just saying

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. Gorilla Glue.

5. dan31

dan31

Spider caps will get ya about the look your going for. Their not real cheap for the good ones but by the time you buy the bullets and the chrome lug nuts the price isn't too far off.

6. Krazy Glue? HRP

[​IMG]

7. slammed

slammed