Register now to get rid of these ads!

There are good folks out there!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 37slantback, Mar 26, 2012.

1. 37slantback

37slantback
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Update: I was able to get a couple existing photos of what the owner thought was a dodge.

This past weekend I was up in the middle of the woods and was talking to one of the locals about cars. He took me up in the gully behind the house and showed me what was left of a couple cars. They are pretty mangled by downed timber and stripped of the really good stuff. . The snow is deep as hell but the first one looks like it could be a 40 Ford Fordor sedan judging by the side shift transmission. There are a few pieces of chrome here and there and the heads are laying on the old seat frame and springs. Dammed if the water pump didn't spin free. There appears the be chrome pieces on the trunk lid but it is buried in the snow.

The other cars is a 50 Ford two door. I could barely peek under the hood and it looks like it is all there including a radiator. Condition unknown but I would guess that the engine is probably cracked as no protrection was taken to protect it for the past 50 years. The cab is crushed by a tree but all the dash is there. The steering wheel is completely roached.

The actual owner of the cars said take anything you want, its just rusting into the ground anyway. What a guy! I told him if I could find useable parts that would benefit others, I don't personally need to benefit and would pass anything I got on to the family.

I am planning to return when the 3 feet of snow is gone. I hope to at least get some of the stuff off the 50 and some of the trim pieces off the 40. I don't know if I can get at the 40 transmission out.

There are a couple other bodies. I don't know if they are old dodges or what. There are window regulators and handles and that's about it. UPDATE: I was able to get a couple of existing photos for these particular husks.

And, I think there is a 34-35 pickup on its side with most of the drive train gone. Again a couple handles are left.

I hope to list a few parts this summer when I have a chance to go back.

Attached Files:

• 027.jpg
      027.jpg
      File size:
      398.7 KB
      Views:
    • 028.jpg
      028.jpg
      File size:
      386.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

pictures or it didn't happen.

3. 37slantback

37slantback
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

LOL

It was unexpected and spur of the moment and no camera. I was wet to my thighs after slogging up through the snow and I was like a kid in a candy store. There is an oilpan frozen into the ground near the 34-35 pickup. I wonder if that is an interesting find for someone?

Anyone, I could see that through a missing floorboard in what I assume to be a 40 that the transmission was side shift. Was 40 the first year of a side shift in the Ford passenger cars?