Register now to get rid of these ads!

Then she ask....Why so many projects!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BBobb, May 18, 2009.

1. 94hoghead

94hoghead

I've got four projects. The Camaro is finished, the 25 RPU is in progress, I'm collecting parts for the 28 coupe and the 66 Mustang is out behind the barn. I just need more money....LOTS more money!

2. manyolcars

manyolcars

I'm surprised that the whiners haven't accused all of you of the sin of 'hoarding'

3. Ironpeddler

Ironpeddler

I say -- Well you never complain when I sell one of them and get a hand full of hundred dollar bills.

4. Ironpeddler

Ironpeddler

BTW, I have 11 of them.

5. Kirsten

Kirsten

I sort of have the same problem only backwards. I've been with the same guy for 11 years but I refuse to get married. He doesn't own a car, period. He doesn't have a job either. I support everyone in my family including my 23 year old daughter and her 3 year old. I get so much shit when I buy a car that I'm close to packing a bag and leaving a note. I save money in a separate savings account just for cars, sometimes tattoos, but that's MY cash. If I hear anything about "I wish we had this, or, I want..." I say huh, maybe you should try WORKING! How ironic that I can't even find a local guy willing to teach me how to fix things on my cars let alone find one good enough to date and this place is full of them, all with wives or girlfriends that complain about their "bad habit". At least my bf does the laundry and vacuums and cooks so I have more time to spend on the HAMB...but if we had 2 incomes I'd have more money to spend on my cars and maybe I'd finally have one I can drive. I think I just realized two things: I must have picked up some of your nut sacks you guys lost when you got married and, I need a new man in my life!:eek:

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

the original post reminds me of an old story.

farmer Brown and his new bride were taking a 2 horse wagon to town a week after thier wedding. a while down the road one horse stops for no reason. Farmer brown yells at him to gettyup and says "that's one".

10 minutes later the same horse stops again for no reason. same scenario, farmer Brown yells at the horse to gettyup and says "that's two"

after another 10 minutes the horse stops again. farmer Brown grabs his revolver and shoots the horse in the head, he then gets the horse unhooked and continues on with the remaining horse.

after that the new bride starts screaming and yelling and callin him names and telling him he shouldn't have done that and how stupid he was.

farmer Brown just looked over at his new bride and said "that's one"

7. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I would have to agree..Time to make a change..for yourself.
    and it is probably hard for any guy to take you seriously when you say your looking for a "good guy" but you havent gotten rid of the dead weight yet.
    good luck on your future..its time you take it in your own hands and write that ..Note!

Im not bustin' your balls (or what ever it would be to a lady)but i went thru the shit your talking..and i got on with my life and set it up the way I like it..and if you go back and read the post i put up on this thread you will see my nuts are where they belong..and so are my prioraties..good luck ..go get um!

8. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Baawaahahahhhaha:D..Ohhh thats rich!

9. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

so, a buddy of mine got one of those fancy-assed g.p.s. units for his cars. (You can move it from car to car)- "so he wouldn't get lost"...

later on, we are driving around, and we spot a potential project, he reaches up and hits a button on it, and never even slows down.

my response, understandably, was "dude! what the fuck!" he then explained that he was used to drivin around with the wife, and therefore, also used to going back to that location, alone, with money and a trailer.

10. Streetwerkz

Streetwerkz

I just drag em home, once they are home, what can be said?
    take it back?
    ha ha ha

11. Katula

Katula
    from Austin, TX

Rick......I've never liked you more.

12. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

My brother aquired a '46 Ford a while back, and covered it up in the back yard. Somehow his wife thought it was just a big pile of firewood. That lasted for several months, and she still doesn't know there was ever (another) car back there.

Cracks me up!

So, now FIREWOOD is mine & my brother's 'code word' for cars and parts we buy.

13. pila38

pila38

My wife tells me that so long as I can afford it I can buy it. Buuuuuuuuutttttt...since we just got married a year ago, just bought a house, and are trying to start a life, affording things is quite a project in itself. However, my truck has plenty of rust that needs to be removed that keeps me busy when I have no money.
    My wife is a pretty cool chick. She was never into cars before, but she likes hangin' in the garage now. She even tried the welder the other night! I think she's a keeper!

14. willymakeit

willymakeit

Because since I was little I wanted either a bas station or salvage yard , or I just love junk

15. willymakeit

willymakeit

Sorry ment gas station

16. I'm available! I work too!

17. Mr Grim

Mr Grim
    from Chicago,IL

it keeps the A.D.D at bay

18. I like three things when nobody that truly knows me is looking. BUT, I like them for different reasons.

1. I like old cars
    2. I like perfect Long Island Tea
    3. I like GURLS!!!!!!

So.....................The cars keep me too broke for the booze and too busy to chase the girls. I thought when I got out of church I could have the cars, women and whiskey, well.................in the end the cars got between me and my drinking and philandering.

If I walked into my backyard to find a beer truck and a Prostitute there, I would think it was an intervention.

19. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Shortly after my wife and I got married, I built my first race car. I had money set aside for paying bills, and did extra work to fund the race car. At the end of the season, I sold off some extra parts to pay an unexpected bill. The next spring I bought the "next" race car, she sounded off. I calmly reminded her that the race car parts paid off the unexpected bill. That solved that issue for a few years. Then the question became "where are you going to put that one?" So I rented a shop with money from the extra work (had a better place to work then). A few years latter, I showed her how we could save a few hundred $$$ a month by buying a place in the country. Through the years, the cars and parts have supplied extra money when needed. Now that we sold the place in the country, the question of where I'm going to put something comes up again, but its not from her, its from me. Its a different time in my life right now, maybe I'm out growing this car thing. Its OK though, my son has stepped up and is taking over my addiction. I expect to see him buying a place in the country before long.......:D

When ever you use money from selling cars or parts to buy something not car related, (I recommend doing this once and a while, its great leverage) be sure to point it out. Then remind her of that event when its time to buy something else, if there are no cars or parts, there is no extra money if we really need it. Gene

20. Kirsten

Kirsten

Now that's funny!

21. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

I know what you mean when you say busy and broke. I recently came to the realization that I don't meet very many single women under my car, working on my house, or buying stuff at Home Depot. Cars, bikes, and houses always seem to come before girls... well at least right now.:rolleyes: