Register now to get rid of these ads!

THEM! Tx chops the Elrod "A"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Elrod, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Anderson

Anderson

DAMN! That side shoot looks awesome......I liked how it looked in the other pictures, but taking another couple steps back and that car looks KILLER. It's mean.....even without being dropped in the front.

One suggestion. Dropped headlight bar.

2. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

root if i remember right the staggered cuts were to cut the straightest parts and still be able to use a swing out windshield.

3. Roothawg

Roothawg

I was wondering about that. I am going to do the exact chop in a short time.....thus the questions.

4. Elrod

Elrod

Yeah. I pretty much cut the entire car at the same place, except for the cowl. I chopped right below the post that the windshield swing out arms attach to.

I removed material from below the studs on the A pillers, so that I wouldn't need to relocate them when I re-welded the roof on. Therefore, I just had to drop the mounts on the windshield frame 3 inches. Basically a move to make less work for myself!

I think if you chopped a coupe more than 4 inches, this method wouldn't work.

5. Roothawg

Roothawg

I actually am looking at a 3" chop since my kid is so tall.

6. Elrod

Elrod

It's working for me and I'm 6 foot 3 1/2 inches tall.

I'm using the stock seat frame and seat back, but the bottom cushion is a rumble seat cushion because it is a little slimmer.

I also took out the package tray and slid the seat all the way back. There is lots of room.

If you'll be at the round up, feel free to check out the coupe and if I'm by the car, I'll let you get in and see how you fit if you want.