Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thelma & Louise.....I mean Denise & Megan's Great California Hot Rod Adventure

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Mike

Mike

Denise and Megan, it was great to see you again. Great post, great pictures. Old Crow Speed Shop was just plain bitchin'.

Also great to see pals I met on my Bonneville journey 2 years ago, scootermcrad and Ron. I can't believe I spaced on seeing DrJ at the meet and greet.

I had a blast the whole weekend, so did my girlfreind Mary.

2. ryno

ryno

There is one about 1 block north of the airport on sepulvada blvd.It's some what new thats way your gps didn't pick it up. it's probly got 05 maps into it.

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

:DPoor Megan, I know that was the one she was looking for cuz she was just at it a few months ago.:D

Will do bud. I'll probably set the display up in a pals garage in a couple of weeks. I'll send you some photos and you can tell me if you think it needs anything.

I'm so glad everyone enjoys the adventures. They really are alot of fun to write up and kinda re-experience as I'm doing it.

4. P-townkustoms

P-townkustoms
    from P-Town CA

Super glad to meet you two, come back soon! Sounds like you had a blast! See you two soon... I hope . Eric, From SO-CAL SPEED SHOP

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thanks again for the tour bud. I really appreciate you taking the time to show us around. We looked for you at Booby's but no luck in finding you. Next time hopefully.;)

6. Hey Denice and Megan, next trip out here, we should check out some live music. Strictly traditional stuff of course.

7. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Sweet! You have no idea how excited I am to hear this. I will PM you all of my info. Thanks a million!
    As Denise mentioned, I would LOVE to come out there to the CHRR. Hopefully some year it won’t coincide with Hershey. I love Hershey but hate having to miss the CHRR and Pile Up every year.
    I’m not confused or hungry in that pic, I am just asleep. As for my attire, you can’t expect much that early in the morning. After breakfast and the shop tours we both went back to the hotel and got ‘dolled up’ for the day. I did have my favorite Church 32 shirt on that morning….
    I was nice meeting you. Next time I’m out for a visit I want to stop by your shop and check it out. Aren’t you down in Orange? I like Orange.
    It was good seeing you too Lucky. Thanks for the shop tour and my presents. You and Bobby have a great shop. Remember, when you are looking for a live in tenant I am only a phone call away!
    Yes, for sure! I will see you in Austin. You know the rules, you’d better have some new shirts for me or I will be cranky :D
    I am totally bummed that our Thursday night plans feel thru and we weren’t able to visit your studio and grab some dinner. Next time for sure, no ands or buts about it!
    It was nice seeing you and Sharon again. Thanks again for dinner, that was sweet of you! See you on the salt!
    Hop up is only getting better and better. Keep up the good work!
    Thanks so much for all of you hospitality at the breakfast and afterwards. Denise and I both really enjoyed our ‘anti donut’ time and tours!
    I am thoroughly enjoying my ‘complete’ Mad Fab set. I have been trying to watch a little of each every night when I come in from the shop. They’ve garnered some interesting comments around my house… ;)
    It was nice meeting you. Thanks for taking us to Bud’s shop. I really enjoy seeing people’s shops and projects. Bud’s was definitely no exception!
    You would know if you would ever meet Denise and I. ;) I was going to buy your car when she called you….
    Deadend looks great in print. You and Coby should be really proud of the final product, it rocks. See you in Austin!
    Missed seeing you too but I totally understand the hunt for more treasures. Next time I’m out for the show I’ll ride up with you! I found another tank, I’ll send some pics your way.
    I’m sorry I missed meeting you at the M&G, too many people, not enough time! Next time!
    I love love love that place! The owner spent some time talking with us, he was super nice. What a neat business. I could spend a lot more time (and money!) there.
    That is the one I was looking for. I knew where it was just not how to get there. I really missed my burger :(
    Thanks again for the excellent tour. We will be back…I hope soon too! And remember, if that dressed Flattie by the shop door doesn’t find a home, send it to Ohio!

8. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Thanks for the great writeup and pics Denise! Almost like being there, maybe sometime.
    Thanks to you too, Megan! You all ever get to Arizona sometime, lets plan something big!

9. TomH

TomH

Gona have to hook with you next year, we tried two different employees at Peterson to get in the basement. One said it would be a cold day in hell before we would get down there. I wanted to see the Nicamp and Mack roadsters!! The basement looks better than the shit they had on the other two floors.

10. Doctor Destructo

Doctor Destructo

Thanks for the pictoral epic journey!

11. You DO rock(rox). Buy my car? Hell, I just might give it to you

12. Big Tony

Big Tony

WOW... I can't believe you topped it again. What a trip

13. Now that is one hellava trip!

14. shpotty

shpotty
    from New Jersey

Denise,

You gals know how to have a good time. Thanks for sharing.

15. Brad S.

Brad S.

wow

Great trip.

I got overloaded with pics. LOL :D

16. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There's one thing missing from this story...

...Megan getting pulled over by a CHiPpy driving like a MANIAC in a convertible mustang on the 405! HA! ;):D

17. ChrisMejia

ChrisMejia

The bags were kinda funny (shotty work) so, SO-CAL is re-doing the suspension.

18. ChrisMejia

ChrisMejia

Bummer! Now I know who was asking for the Robert Williams Vans when you visited us here at SO-CAL! I would have come over and let you guys see them. Well next time you're back in Pomona I need to meet you! How dare you Eric (AKA Mr. Overtime on the weekends) not tell me that we had fellow HAMBers at the shop. he he he. This was an awesome post Denise!

19. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

There are no pictures to prove it;):D

(surprisingly...)

20. Most people don't see that much cool stuff in a life time, let alone one trip! Your camera finger must be worn out. Thanks for sharing, great as always!

21. Digger_Dave

Digger_Dave
    Member Emeritus

Hey! I got a wild idea!
    Let's vote Denise and Megan for PRESIDENT(s)!! They could share the job!
    (hell, they have been covering more territory than that OTHER lady!!)

22. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is suprising! HAHA! However... after Denise's blueberry pancake picture, we know how you REALLY got out of the ticket! :D:D:D;)

23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I figured you were in enough trouble already without having to explain why I wanna take his photo......"Honest officer, she does this to everyone":D

24. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You HAD to know I wasn't going to let that one slip though the cracks! BWAHAHAH!!! :D

Although... I will admit that her story sucked and I would have been pretty pissed too! Bummer! Welcome to California... PULL OVER!

25. BigChief

BigChief

Just like I like my pancakes. Well dressed and STACKED. :)

Attached Files:

26. Tinman

Tinman
    from Orange, CA

It was great seeing you two lovely ladies again... and now I'm feeling pretty damn sorry for not inquiring more about that party you went to on Saturday night, Denise! JEEZ!

You two have my kinda fun! We'll do it again, and then some in Austin... see ya then!

27. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I just told Megan I wished I had a dollar from everyone who quoted that photos AND/OR saved it to their hard drive.;):D

28. kornbinder

kornbinder
    from Sonora, CA

Denise, I don't know how you do it, but I'm glad you do. You post the best trip reports. Thank you, sure do hope to meet you some day.
    Mike

29. El Gordo

El Gordo

Wow! was that a great post, you see my wife and I along with our 13 year old did a road trip to LA just last July (from Edmonton Alberta - 4170 miles) Along with the usual Disneyland and such we also stopped at Socal, Petersons, and Mooneyes. Socal was great, they told us of a cruse-in being held that evening but we didn't have the time. At Petersons it was cool seeing cars we knew, and Mooneyes they just waved us into the shop. The famous Mooneyes swap meet was the next week :( Thanks for the pictures showing us what we could have seen with "all access":D
    We also hit Ruby's restaurant, In 'n' Out Burger (I've stickers for my car) and even an old chrome diner on the interstate. It was a trip of a lifetime before our son is too old to hang with Mom and Dad.

Thanks again Denise and Megan for the great pictures and memories
    El Gordo

30. Always fun to take a road trip with two fun hot blondes.:D;)

Thanks. I really enjoyed it.:)