Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thelma & Louise.....I mean Denise & Megan's Great California Hot Rod Adventure

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Feb 2, 2008.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Eryk’s,
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bummed I missed seeing Bass but his car looked AWESOME
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Old dudes shouldn’t be allowed to ride Rascals if they don’t know how to drive…..especially when they don’t even say sorry
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don’t remember what building this was BUT it had one cool hot rod after another in it. I was blown away by the shear numbers of GREAT traditional cars all in one spot
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dan & Tiffany Collins'
    [​IMG]

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

My buddy Gary from FL owns this baby now. I’m bummed I didn’t run into his there, just some of his pals.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was probably one of my favorite roadsters there
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I LOVED this steering wheel and will eventually change to one simliar in Big Olds and the 40 dash looked fabulous in it
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

We ran into JiveBomber and had a nice time catching up. Before parting we promised we stop by the HopUp booth. GREAT seeing you again sweetie. Looking forward to August for sure
    [​IMG]

Great stantions
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then went back outside
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Ran into our old friend Bo Huff
    [​IMG]

And Todd who owns Streamline in Denver
    [​IMG]

“Do you think I’m going to need this?”
    [​IMG]

Ran into Richie as we was talking to some new friends
    [​IMG]

Went into another building
    [​IMG]

Thought of Doc. as soon as I saw this duel car hauler
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Megan finally gets her Weesner hoodie. Hopfully he has the one I want at the Lonestar RoundUp…hint, hint. Wonderful seeing you again Keith
    [​IMG]

While Megan was shopping, Tinman and I were amusing ourselves and getting to know each other. Nice hanging with you sweetie!
    [​IMG]

We knew it’d be awhile still before dinner so we stopped for a snack…
    [​IMG]

Then headed back into building #4 to visit a couple of pals before heading out for the night. Stopped and said “hi” to Barry. You’ll see more of Barry and his crew in my Detroit Autorama coverage.
    [​IMG]

Then stopped by and saw our friends at Hop Up
    [​IMG]

And Megan picked up some tresures…
    [​IMG]

….and I got a hug from Mark
    [​IMG]

Then low and behold I spot Norm from Austin about 50 feet away and head over to him. WHAT A SURPRISE! We hadn’t realized each other was going to be there.
    [​IMG]

Stopped in and saw Terry in their booth and her new purse again, this time with some striping on it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stopped in to see the guys at Advanced Platting and they put me to work while they cruzed around and checked out the show. Wait till Steve sees some of the quotes I wrote up for potential customers:D
    [​IMG]

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

The headed over to the pinstripers area. Unfortunately we were alittle late and didn’t get a chance to see everyone and the wonderful artwork they usually produce.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

At this point we decide to head back to our room, freshen up, grab a bite to eat then head over to this party we were invited to at Bobby Walden's shop.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

As soon as we walked in we ran into the HellsBells. Emily introduced us to the other girls who all ended up being as nice as she is. We hung out with them for ahile talking about the different car events and when we might see them again. It was wonderful meeting all of you and Megan and I are really looking forward to doing it again real soon. If you ladies ever make it to the Metrot Detroit area I would feel honored to have you stay at my place. I’ve got plenty or room.
    [​IMG]

He had some pretty cool equipment there
    [​IMG]

And even cooler people (in the background). I always told myself that if I ran into a “celebrity” that I wouldn’t go up and “bother” them, and I didn’t BUT I kinda regret it now cuz that’s not my style. I mean if he was a HAMB guy that I recognized from photos or something I would have walked right up and introduced myself cuz that’s how I am so why didn’t I treat him just like I would have if he was Joe Blow car guy?
    [​IMG]
    Oh well, maybe next time.

Hung out with our pals Nick and Ken Smith from Hot Rod Works. It was GREAT seeing you two again and having the opportunity to chat. Thank again for the hat. Will come in very handy cruzn topless. See ya both on the Salt.
    [​IMG]

A pal of Megan gave this to her so she’ll remember which end is up in her roadster.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ran into lots of pals there but I guess my shutter finger was getting tired cuz I didn’t take that many photos at the party. It was wonderful seeing Jimmy White and chatting him up abit, See ya at the RoundUp bud. Also got to see and hangout with an art pal Alan Johnson. All in all it was a great party and an awesome way to end the weekend.

We headed back to the hotel and hung out and relaxed with Terry, Darryl and their crew in the lobby.
    [​IMG]

I then headed upstairs to bed
    [​IMG]

The next morning we packed up our stuff, threw it in the car the headed back into the show for a couple of hours till we needed to leave for the airport. I’m glad we did to cuz we got the opportunity to see George and get our butts squeezed.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

We then headed back over to the SP to see if there was anything we missed
    [​IMG]

Saw Axle hard at work
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks like DRD57 joined the “Shifters”
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gene Windfield’s new race car
    [​IMG]

Stopped by and chatting with JimA. Nice seeing ya again bud. Looking forward to seeing you again at the RoundUp
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

SloppySeconds’s. Nice meeting you. Congrats on the pick, well deserved
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Headed to the airport, dropped off the car, hopped on the shuttle, hopped on a plane. Got home at 2am Sunday nite, up at 7am for work on Monday and have been uploading photos and writing this every day at work between customers and every evening. FINALLY completed and I’m wiped out. I hope you guys enjoyed the coverage as much as I enjoy posting it for you.

I'd like to take this opportunity to publicly thank John Mearns, AKA Acme Speed Shop for offering me the use of his "shop truck" to take to the show. John, it really means ALOT to me that you would trust me with your precious truck when in fact we've actually never met in person. Under different circumstances I would have loved to have been able to take you up on your offer. Perhaps the next visit we'll be able to work something out.....and actually meet cuz really that's the part I'm most bummed about but I understand about Sunday. Next time for sure bud!:cool:

I had a wonderful time hanging out with my pal Megan and seeing all my old car friends and meeting new ones. Everyone was so kind to us. Thanks so much for all the warm hospitality. We’ll be back to California soon!

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

8. i`m positive the yellow deuce is english....built by homegrown hotrods over here

9. Thanks for the pics again....looks like you two had a great adventure ...but like Thelma & Louise you two are wanted in a murder, YOU KILLED MY DIAL UP AGAIN !!!! With all those pics ...lol Thanks Louver Dude

10. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Densire darling, you can show me a pic of that woodie candle. As a woodie toy/ memoribilia collector.. I have not seen one... but need to...

thanks for all the pic.

11. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

So I'm reading your adventure and.............

Hey! That's the Ratfink Steve and I did. .. Had no idea where it was. Thats the best pic of it I've got! Thanks!

Great trip. When does the book of all your adventures come out? I'm in for a few copies!

Attached Files:

• rf.jpg
      rf.jpg
      File size:
      61.8 KB
      Views:
  12. monsterflake

monsterflake

i don't which pic i like most, megan eating pancakes or climbing the gate...

the cars are nice, too...

13. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

I am for the pancake pic!!! And if you want those Roberts Williams shoes sweetie tell me what size you need and I will go over to the Vans Skate park by my house and get them for you.. and you can just send me the money..

14. 31whitey

31whitey

wow

thank you gals sooo much

really great photos

thank you for taking the time to post everything

Stefan

15. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

SeriouslY??? That would be AWESOME! I wear a girls size 7 1/2 or 8 if they don't have 7 1/2 OR a boys size 5 1/2 or 6. Let me know how much, with shipping and I'll get a check right out! Thanks so much. I'm sure Megan is going to jump on this as well. She's going to be so geeked!

16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Send me an email sweetie and I'll reply with a high res photo of it...(3648 X 2736 :D )

As far as the book goes....maybe when I retire I'll do one in the meantime you are more then welcome to view my scrapbooks when your here next month.;):D

17. awsome denise looks like yall had a great time .. the pics were just friggin awsome..:D

18. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

One of the greatest threads ever by 2 of the greatest gals ever. Thanks Denise.

19. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great photos as always.
    I have to say either you have one fantastic camera or you are one (2) great photographer (s) Those are some of the best photos of the show I have seen.

Wow an hr and a half of reading and photo checking through this thread.

20. Durod

Durod
    from DFW, Tx

jeebus.....that's jut overwhelming/sensory-overload like a mf'er...:D thanks for postin' those up Denise..

flaco

21. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I have a Sony point and shoot "Cyber shot" 10.1 megapixel camera. Model DSC-N2. I LOVE it, very easy to use.

22. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

Glad you hade a Grande' time! What no In-N-OUT pics??????

23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Here ya go sweetie. I wish I had an extra one for you BUT there was only two left in the store. The brand name is Island Accents. Mine is red, Megans is blue.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Believe it or not I don't do fast food burgers (I've never eaten a big mac or whopper in my life), only "ground rounds" at bar type places. We did try to find one near teh airport so Megan could take one on the plane for dinner but we could find one even with Anastaisa help.:D

25. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Wow!.... Thanks so much for taking us along for the ride, Denise! Looks like you two had a great time and met a bunch of great people. How cool.

Malcolm

26. You're seriously an internet celeb. You get the royal treatment wherever you go! Thanks for sharing your rock star life with us.

27. Bilko-1949

Bilko-1949
    1. GMB

Now that I can't see from staring at the damn screen intently for so long reading about your adventure~! I appreciate all the time and effort you put into writing up and posting your adventures, makes me feel like I went along but for free :) Some day down the road I hope to visit many of the shows you have. Keep up the great work everyone appreciates it ten fold. It's time to finally join the alliance!!!!!!!

Mike

28. L.A.-Bar

L.A.-Bar
    from Lforida

This is what makes HAMB so cool.....a couple of average gearheads going out to heaven and getting to come back. For an even better trip I suggest the Hot Rod Reunion up in Bakersfield in October. Puts the GNRS in 'da dirt!

29. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

DAM!...great post..alot of introductions to people i will probably never meet, but is great to put faces with names. you rock Denise

30. xtralow

xtralow
    from So Cal

Great coverage as usual, Thanx!
    isnt the BillyG Caddy the one that was on Rides a yr. or so ago, they did it for Billy's girlfriend or she built it for Billy as a surprise, cant remember which, but that looks like the one (I think Gene Winfield painted it?) wow they are already redoing it?? Billy is spoiled by So Cals work ... but who wouldnt be:)!

[​IMG]