Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thee Inland Emperors 2011 East vs West Flathead Run

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Payne, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A few more photos and the link to my photobucket album with over 200 photos from the run.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Yes I did look through a lot of louvers to see what was behind the hood sides of closed hoods.

[​IMG]
    Bill Ross's Deuce sedan.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  4. Here are a few cell phone snaps of the winning car and trophy, I would have posted them earlier, but my cell phone died on the way home.

Pete Burrows and his T roadster from the Westside. A cool thing happen when I was I taking these photos. Pete was getting ready to head back over the mountains and he was so proud to take home the trophy that he made sure it rode shot gun, and seat belted in his friend Mark's model A roadster, so it would make it home safe and unharmed.

Attached Files:

5. Here's a few more random cell phone snaps from run.

Attached Files:

6. The last of my cell phone photos. I also took a bunch of photos with my pocket digital camera and I'll post those on here tomorrow. First up couple of shots of the Emperors Cup, awarded to the side with the most flathead powered cars in attendance, and a shot of John's tub at the scenic Vantage overlook. Last but not least a few photos from the road home after the run.

Attached Files:

7. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

Whadda Great show, even if us West Coaster came in second. Sorry I couldn't get the radiator in my '41 in time, but it was cool taking the Bomber around the place. Jeff, it was great to see ya' again, I'll wear the T-shirt with pride, and Chris, thanks for the stainless trim, can't wait to get it shined up and installed. Seeya' all next year.

How about this Bitchin' Dodge Flat 6?
    [​IMG]

one of my faves at the show...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  8. Matt buddy, the deck is stacked! Having lived in Spokane and the Tri Cities I know the game. This is payback for shoving governors and senators and ferry taxes down their throat for all these years.:)

While a good case was made for Vantage being a geographic mid point from the two respective population centers, I'll bet Chris and the boys are still using the Cascades as the dividing line for defining what's east and what's west. I see Dave Mehelich's bad '34 and a couple other Wenatchee cars. Wenatchee, as well as Yakima, Ellensberg, Cle Elum, just to name a few are WEST of Vantage (although I'm sure there'd be some grumbling from those folks to be identified as westers;)). Bet the folks from those bergs were in the 54. Just sayin'....

All that fun and games aside, looks like you guys have created something good here.

9. prewarpete

prewarpete

I only lurk on the HAMB these day's but I will brake my own rule to thank the Emperor's for a great event, I am honored and touched to have my humble build picked and to take home a very special trophy.
    Here is a shot of our small caravan at the top of Stevens Pass at 6AM in the morning. It was so cold my daughter would not even get out of the car.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  10. Great photos. What a great event too. Looks like a better turnout and better weather this year. Now if only I had something flathead powered....

11. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

According to Google Maps Seattle is actually eleven miles closer to Vantage 135 vs 146 from Vantage to Spokane.

The photos didn't show Pete.

It was a great day even if it was a bit chilly and got damp but it is really fun to go to what is primarily a participant event rather than a lets get paying spectators in event.

12. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

There were some really nice Deliveries, and panels there...
    [​IMG]

Did anyone get a pic of that big box '35 Panel?

13. The owner of the car is the decision maker for what side they are on. Besides, it's the "seattle" gang who usually claim anything over the pass is "Eastern Washington" :)

14. jadeidol

jadeidol
    from spokane

Mike and Jill

Attached Files:

15. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jill has to be one of the hardiest women alive to ride from Spokane and back on that little T.
    [​IMG]

It looks like I didn't get any photos of that Panel BB. It either came after I left or I may have thought it had an overhead in it and I didn't take photo of cars with overheads in them yesterday.

16. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Ok, not Mr Model T but.......... great car and great trophy! Next year I'm driving out Flathead or not.......great group of cars..thanks all for the pics!

[​IMG]

17. jadeidol

jadeidol
    from spokane

Some of Allison and Nate's pictures from the way home.

Attached Files:

18. If I bring a flathead powered flatbed with stationary Flathead engines running on the bed will that count as more than one? :rolleyes:

19. Here's my photos from the digital camera

Eastside Starting line at sunrise
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Davenport, WA
    [​IMG]

Odessa, WA
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Some random road shots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. And finally a few more shots from the show.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. couverkid

couverkid

Great pictures billy. You captured the moment in these photos. Thanks

23. Great shots Billy!!

24. LEMMING249

LEMMING249

We're really just trying to get ALL the flatty gang together........no matter what side of the bump.........it's still a fun deal eh?

25. hotrod-40

hotrod-40

I just cant believe Mike had to drive all the way from Spokane standing like that;) Great shots Billy!

26. jadeidol

jadeidol
    from spokane

Some fans on the way to vantage

Attached Files:

27. Mr.Gasser

Mr.Gasser

Great coverage Billy! Thanx for riding shotgun, it was a good time had by all that could make it!

28. Next year.....I will be there.