Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The YAY-HOO cup And The Winner Is. . .

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by porknbeaner, Aug 23, 2016.

1. OK wait for it!!! Let me get the other important stuff out of the way.

First off let me thank the YAY-HOOS for trusting me with the cup. I see the cup as a vital part of the HAMB Drags it gives the driver guys a chance to strut their stuff. I am truly honored.

Now those who strutted this year. I did everything possible to screw this up and you guys came and found me and got yourselves signed up anyway. So here is the list of diehards that did your best to make me look good:

(in no particular order)

@atch -- '48 Ford Panel Truck
    @raven --'27 Ford Roadster
    @Russco --'40 Ford Coupe
    @SamIyam --'31 Ford RPU
    @jho --'30 Ford Coupe
    @lho --'40 Ford Coupe
    @Malcolm --'28 Model A Roadster
    @ORGANGRINDER --'30 Model A Coupe
    @chicken coop --'29 Model A Coupe
    @flamedabone --'36 Ford Truck (uh maybe it was a '35 Duh'OH)
    @Kerry --'31 Pontiac Coupe
    @partsman --'49 Chevy
    @oldsboy --'27Model T sedan
    @Mike Cox --'53 Ford

And of course there were those who weren't racing who made this happen for us, @ryno @G V Gordon (and missus) and the ever illustrious Max.

OK who on earth did I miss, gawd I feel like someone at the CMA Awards.

Still reading?

OK the WINNER IS

SamIYam 9.87@135

IMG_1568.JPG

UH he's the one without hair.

Congrats Sam Strube. :cool:

Still reading? Some of you fellas didn't get me your best times. Please get 'em to me for the archives. its history fellas.

Baron, falcongeorge, Tim and 7 others like this.
  2. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Nice. Cool ride. Gary

3. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Thanks for keeping the Yaa Hoo cup going Beaner. Congrats to Sam that's one wicked RPU. Congrats to everyone that made the effort too.

4. I got an idea that the Cup is worth keeping and it is easy enough to manage.

You're welcome by the way, although no thanks are necessary. You guys are doing the hard part.

By the way fellas feel free to post pics of your heaps. Might do the rest of the HAMB good to see what traveled from the ends of the earth to race and then travel back home again. The majority of the cars drove over 400 miles this year.

5. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congratulations to Sam, that little car was VERY well built and speedy fast. 9.87 is gonna be hard to beat.

Thanks Benno for keeping the flame lit. We'll all do it again in a year.

-Abone.

PS. Don't drink anything out of that cup. Seriously.

6. Oooops too late. :D

Let's try and hit the 20 contenders mark for next year.

7. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

If I can get my Chevelle in the shop I will be game for next year.

8. Willy_P

Willy_P

Benno, are there any photos of flamedabone's new entry this year?
    Below is one of my favorite videos at the 2012 HAMB drags when he raced squirrel (Jim Forbes)
    Both of those rides could scoot! Sadly the Pontiac gave its all on that run.

https://www.youtube.com/user/WillyP50/videos

2012 HAMB nationals - Squirrel and flamedabone(before the mill gave up the ghost)

9. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Thanks to 'Beaner for taking over running the Yay-Hoo Cup and keeping this thing going. I'm happy to see that it will continue to be a thing. And thanks to Blake and Clif for carrying it this far. I had the original idea, but those 2 guys are the ones that have actually made it happen.

Mostly though, thanks to all of the badasses that put their name on the list and run their cars all out. It takes serious balls to drive your car to the track, beat the hell out of it all day, and hope to be able to patch it back together enough to hobble it back home. You guys are the inspiration for the Yay-Hoo Cup, regardless of the time on the slip. Respect.

Congrats to Sam! That's a bitchin' fast truck.

10. I didn't get a pic but maybe I can find one if I look around a bit.

11. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Ok, I drove right at 400 miles and ran a very unimpressive 13.27 @102 (without the bikes) I swear it usually runs better than that, but that's all she would do down there. The bikes almost came into play on the way home the 9" started making some not so good noises but she did make it home. image.jpg

Malcolm likes this.
  12. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Here's a few photos for ya image.jpeg didnt take this one but its nick and Ryan's cars ready to rumble image.jpeg back past that white car is Kerry's hemi coupe that looks a heck of a lot like this car that parked near him! image.jpeg sams bad bitch image.jpeg Jason's a hole image.jpeg and boners pick em up

13. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Racing roadster in this photo from pre drags tuning

image.jpeg

14. das858

das858

We followed Sam out to the track Saturday morning while towing our dragster, that was pure entertainment! Highway 171 got a quick repaving job.

15. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Thanks a lot @porknbeaner for taking over the Yay-Hoo Cup!

Congrats, @SamIyam -- 9.87 is quite impressive. Bad ass Hot Rod RPU!

I had a blast this year with a bunch of great folks.
    Best pass was an 11.95 @ 113 mph. Joplin is about a 700 mile round trip from Omaha.. (and I drove the car out to Bonneville the week before, about a 2200 mile round trip. Too much in that car!)

05142016Drags.jpg

16. We were all proud to be there when you broke into the 11s with the old Ford. Damned proud to see you holding the gas roadster trophy too. You done good my young friend. :cool:

Malcolm likes this.
  17. Roadsir

Roadsir

Congrats to Sam....That will be hard to beat!